WII NAND backup/restore

Aigle

I got a question about my WII. I was on system menu 4.3, did a NAND backup at the point where only HBC and bootmii were installed. Then I reverted to system menu 4.1. Then I installed a bunch of shit WADs, darkcorp 1.1, usb loader gx, neogamma, preloader, .... I want to know if I do a restore of my nand backup if it will bring back my WII to system menu 4.3 with HBC only.

The thing is I want to exchange that WII with someone else because mine has the latest drive 3-2 which doesn't allow to play DVD-R. I have to use USB Loader GX all the time and I can't play backup GameCube games. So I'm exchanging my WII with someone that doesn't want to softmod it. The thing is, with all the modifications I did, some new games which has the latest protection doesn't want to run (New Super Mario WII shut down after 15 minutes) so I have to play the backup games which isn't a problem for me, but a problem for my friend.

So the main question is: has somebody ever did a restore from a newer version of system menu?

Wait a momment, i saw you post in Southog post and i was wondering if you are right: New Wii (red and black) can read Gamecube Disk???

About your question: Sorry i have never did a restore before. I just made a update to Wii to 4.3 (my mistake lol becuase Metroid Other M and Black Ops requiere an automatic update once you put into wii and you can avoid it :S) and it deleted every piracy chanels and programs, so i had to reinstall one more time HBC and bootmii (now in 4.3).

But you can format your Wii and then reinstall HBC and bootmii. I think is more easy

Wait what!

I can format my WII?

How?

Oh and old/new WII can always play GameCube games. I have metroid prime on gamecube and I can play with it without any problem. The problem comes when I want to play my backup game of metroid prime. My drive doesn't allow DVD-R so I can't play my backup games. Only the real ones which is sad because I don't want to screw up my original games, I like to see them in their pure original state ;)