A feature to enhance the service of tracking sites

(Snake)

Hey guys,

here a little cvar, it is called g_ratingMode.

Functionality: letting a trackingsite only know those XP, which were gained by fragging and battlesense, hide all the other XP so that they will not be considered, but can be used normally at the server.

Implement this into your mod (i do not want credits):

- Create a cvar like g_antilag. The cvar should be viewable at 'server info' tab at masterlist (g_antilag is shown there as well), so that maybe admins from the trackingsite can enable/disable rating on this server, when cvar set/not set. Call your new cvar g_ratingMode.

- After the cvar is done you can use it in your server.cfg and set a value in there. The following code changes do the actual trick, very simpel stuff. Go to G_SetPlayerScore in g_stats.c.

Change it to:

void G_SetPlayerScore( gclient_t *client ) {

if(g_ratingMode.integer)
{
	client->ps.persistant[PERS_SCORE] = 0;
	client->ps.persistant[PERS_SCORE] += client->sess.skillpoints[sK_BATTLE_SENSE];
	client->ps.persistant[PERS_SCORE] += client->sess.skillpoints[sK_LIGHT_WEAPONS];
}
else
{
	int i;

for( client->ps.persistant[PERS_SCORE] = 0, i = 0; i < SK_NUM_SKILLS; i++ ) {
		client->ps.persistant[PERS_SCORE] += client->sess.skillpoints[i];
	}
}
}

If your mod supports any more frag specific XP, then just add the skills, but do not add support skills, as this would totally be against the intention.

Link: http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

• Clan Friend

nice idea, actually I have thought about it too, but the problem is that who plays for rating would still play in servers without that mod if they are 'whores', so unless you force rating servers to rate only that mod it won't solve everything.

btw, what's the point of setting it to zero then adding something, why not:

[cut]
if(g_ratingMode.integer)
 client->ps.persistant[PERS_SCORE] = client->sess.skillpoints[sK_BATTLE_SENSE] + client->sess.skillpoints[sK_LIGHT_WEAPONS];

[cut]

another way to do it would be to change it only in the message sent from the server after a getstatus, but that should be a server mod.

My idea of an xp closer to 'skill' would be based on damage given/received, and how fast you deal damage, this way players with adrenaline or medics would have no advantage over other players. And maybe only for hitscan weapons (sry mortar players and flamers ;p). So for example if you calculate the angle of viewpoints you could see if someone is backragin you or not (but maybe not since backraging is tactical skill).

And of course this score should be balanced, and compared *only* with team mates, not opponents, so stacking would be useless too... why my score, if I play in axis, should be compared to a player who is playing allies, against different enemies and attacking from different points? That's just dumb...

edit:

and maybe something against renaming as well ;p like a number in getstatus message generated from player guid or something. this way if they suck their ratng should go down, otherwise that score is just a measure of their skill when they play best and not their real one... but they would just /quit so it's maybe too much...

Edited by SunLight