My cfg based on the FA server's cfg

Ciao Zero!!

i think is better to have separate cfgs for different server , have them in the mod main folder and lod them up as you join the server or just before.

Having a separate config file for each server will allow you to tune it for that particular mod and server as example silent is pretty different from NQ and Jaymod.... doublejump enabled or not

all this cause some sort of tuning in the config and also sensitivity may differ.

check the config you posted...there're some duplicated entries

below some settings from my config

cfg related (some values will be auto set to the server dafault value if enforced) this values will drop a bit the graphics details and make surfaces a bit smoother :

seta cg_visualEffects            0
seta cg_bloodPuff                0
seta cg_smokeparticles             0
seta cg_trailparticles             0
seta cg_impactparticles         0

seta r_wolffog                            0

seta cl_maxpackets                125

seta com_hunkMegs                512
seta com_maxfps                    250
seta com_soundMegs                24
seta com_zoneMegs                24

seta r_ati_truform_normalmode            GL_PN_TRIANGLES_NORMAL_MODE_LINEAR
seta r_ati_truform_pointmode            GL_PN_TRIANGLES_POINT_MODE_LINEAR

seta r_picmip                            3

seta r_subdivisions                        999

seta r_textureMode                        GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR

seta r_colorbits                         0
seta r_texturebits                         0
seta r_depthbits                         16
seta r_stencilbits                         0

seta rate                        45000

seta snaps                        40

aim related  , in general aim is way too subjective... what works for me may not work at all for you..you have to try it out and find what works for you:

- i suggest using low DPI (like 400 or 800) so that you have more control with sensitivity values like for example you can use 1.03451 

this kind of fine tuning can not be done by switching the dpi (even if the software allows you to change in steps of 1)

- i suggest NOT to fiddle with m_yaw value and leave the standard 0.0220 , instead lower the m_pitch to 0.01501 

this disparity is to decrease as much as possible the vertical movements when aiming

- disable any kind of acceleration on the mouse , even on windows (that little checkbox like "enhace precision") , on my end i have to reset that value every time i reboot the pc

- a good starting point about aiming properly and still be able to look around and jump like crazy is:

choose the DPI and stick with them

be able to turn  170/180 degr on both direction left/right from the normal middle mousepad position with a comfortable movement. then adjust sensitivity to enable that

- a good starting point about aiming as stable and accurate as possible limiting the overall movements is:

choose the DPI and stick with them

be able to turn 90/100 degr on both direction left/right from the normal middle mousepad position with a comfortable movement. then adjust sensitivity to enable that (so lower than the step above)

PM if needed or add me on Discord

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 2

• Platinum VIP
23 hours ago, Betinho said:

seta com_maxfps "250" about this...i suggest to use perhaps less fps...try with 200 fps or 160, i think it will work better 

For a 60Hz Monitor, this shouldn't be higher than 125.

For my 166Hz, I have it set to 150

10 hours ago, ZeroZeroDb said:

In fact, with 1200 dpi I have to set sensitivity from 2.06 to 1.76. I have to try with 2400 dpi; my sensitivity will probably have to drop between 1.5 and 1.2 hoping for improvements.

My DPI is 1000, my Sens is 1.51. Anymore higher and it's too fast to control

• Thanks 1

there are some sweet spots for fps. 143 set it too this an ur fps should be pegged at 166 . did for me anyways back when i played alot.

for snaps  only time u need to change this is if u live next door to server ..  20 is what almost everyone should be using . 30   or 40 if ur right next door to server other wise it will cause a loop in snaps.! if that makes sense.   

an i dont know why anyone would buy a really nice  gaming  monitor  and play with low res .. only thing ull gain is a few fps .  an maybe more stable .   i have a 144 hz monitor  an   i never go lower than 1440 by 900  ..  an u should  most likely be using ur native res ... mines 1920 by 1080

visuals is preference only  ur not gonna be some hs god if u do what one person says or another.  i mean hell El! played pretty much stock . an decimated almost all on jay2 when it came to HS .

Edited by captnconcrete
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum VIP
16 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

there are some sweet spots for fps. 143 set it too this an ur fps should be pegged at 166 . did for me anyways back when i played alot.

Mine stays pretty well pegged at 166, with a little fluttering and what do you mean WHEN you played a lot??

for snaps  only time u need to change this is if u live next door to server ..  20 is what almost everyone should be using . 30   or 40 if ur right next door to server other wise it will cause a loop in snaps.! if that makes sense.   

an i dont know why anyone would buy a really nice  gaming  monitor  and play with low res .. only thing ull gain is a few fps .  an maybe more stable .   i have a 144 hz monitor  an   i never go lower than 1440 by 900  ..  an u should  most likely be using ur native res ... mines 1920 by 1080

I have a 37" Curved screen and agree, native Res is the way to go!

visuals is preference only  ur not gonna be some hs god if u do what one person says or another.  i mean hell El! played pretty much stock . an decimated almost all on jay2 when it came to HS .

Where'd he go?

On 7/11/2024 at 3:58 AM, Shoresy said:

a lot of this is based off what you even have, 

for the custom height and width. This purely depends on your monitor lol. I cannot use your suggestion, I use actually the same as what he listed. I use a 32” wide screen 4k monitor that’s more meant for movies to be honest. 

sensitivity will be based off dpi. But I suggest setting dpi as high as you’re comfortable with. Then go in game. Put your mouse closest to center position as possible. Move all the way right, you should do a full 180 degree turn. So this way with a full motion you’re able to do a 360 degree turn. (Just a general rule of thumb really) 

the pitch n yaw just play with til you get it low as possible before it’s TOO low. But other than that yeah I agree xD 

Dpi 400 with sens 2.67 is good 

• Thanks 1
  • 100 1

more i read more i got confused 😅 im using 800dpi with 2.66 was grest most off the time for moments gets to low others to high what could be causing this

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

In fact I have a 32 inch Odyssey curved 144Hz and the best performance is at 166fps or 142fps and in full screen at 1920x1080

31 minutes ago, OliveiraptV said:

more i read more i got confused 😅 im using 800dpi with 2.66 was grest most off the time for moments gets to low others to high what could be causing this

beer...wine...tiredness or some phantom cigarettes😄

• Haha 2

Also linking this guide for how to manage different config files for different mods

EDIT: not sure is in a visible area
again...if needed just ask 😄

Edited by LarrY
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, LarrY said:

Also linking this guide for how to manage different config files for different mods

EDIT: not sure is in a visible area
again...if needed just ask 😄

4 hours ago, OliveiraptV said:

Do this 😁 dpi 400 , sens 3.20 m_pitch 0.017 and fps either 166 or 333

Just now, HOTSPUR said:

Cg-crosshairsize 100

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HOTSPUR said:

Cg-crosshairsize 100

Sorry for quoting lol Windows sens 9 

7 hours ago, HOTSPUR said:

Dpi 400 with sens 2.67 is good 

Jeez I would need bigger area for all that, I am at 800 dpi and 3.14 sensitivity. 

Was 3.1 I only added that extra 4 cuz I am fat, and the difference wasn't that bad. So, I made it work >:D 

But I still am very firm that to find the right sensitivity you need to center your mouse out and ensure your able to comfortably do least a 120° to 180° degree turn with one side motion. Enabling you to do a full 360° with a full motion. I find this to be very important when adjusting the right sensitivity. I have noticed many others also suggest very similar as well. There's a like a whole math formula to it even, I kinda think I seen @LarrY briefly mention it if I am not mistaken, bit lazy to go back on comments 😄 

12 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Mine stays pretty well pegged at 166, with a little fluttering and what do you mean WHEN you played a lot??

I have a 37" Curved screen and agree, native Res is the way to go!

Where'd he go?

i havent been able to get my cfg to work right sense i installed w11. so i havent been playing for 4 months.  el! doesnt play et but a few times a yr. hes busy with RL.

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
2 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

i havent been able to get my cfg to work right sense i installed w11. so i havent been playing for 4 months.  el! doesnt play et but a few times a yr. hes busy with RL.

Everyone's busy with real life, Mine is crazy, managing a massive party of Central IL, 22 guy and raising two teen daughters but I still find a little time to get on.

Have you tried ETL?