ET NQ #1 Map vote functioning (intermission)

Hey all,

It's nice to have the voting system at intermission for next map to go on.

I always had a question: how does it effectively choose which map?

Theory (my supposition): the highest vote score will decide which map. If 2 or more, the first to reach that score will decide; or possibly random among the highest scores.

In reality: sometimes it does follow the highest score, sometimes it doesnt, possibly moving on on a map that nobody voted for (hence my the present topic)

This morning, i was alone with the bawts (which are not coded to vote). I put a '3' in one map. Not only it didn't choose mine, it actually repeated the map we've just finished (though i've rushed the obj assuming there was a antirush and i just completed the map alone in less than 2mins).

Any feedback/comment appreciated, thanks in advance.

Hey

1 hour ago, Lagging Noob said:

Theory (my supposition): the highest vote score will decide which map. If 2 or more, the first to reach that score will decide; or possibly random among the highest scores.

If two maps have the same number of votes then the map between the two that has not been played longer will be selected

image.png.43484cb3b2121fc8b1ddef5bfd6e58ff.png

1 hour ago, Lagging Noob said:

This morning, i was alone with the bawts (which are not coded to vote). I put a '3' in one map. Not only it didn't choose mine, it actually repeated the map we've just finished (though i've rushed the obj assuming there was a antirush and i just completed the map alone in less than 2mins).

Are you sure you voted properly? 😄 It should happen only when there are no votes

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ins4ne said:

Are you sure you voted properly?

Indeed! NQ sometimes has a problem to register votes. It helps when you push the "vote" button serveral times.

• Like 3
  • 100 1

@TomekKromekFair enough, i thought there was some kind of bug, it's good to have the confirmation :) 

@Ins4neactually i noticed that bug quite a lot for these few weeks i'm playing on NQ1, and encountered a lot of different configuration for the bug, including when there is a draw on top votes that I have NOT taken part, and the game still moves on erratically on another map.

Still, the weirdest thing is to repeat the map regardless of the vote (yesterday it actually happened twice before I posted here)

Thanks for all inputs 👍