Husqvarna Automower x DOOM - Official Trailer [ April 1 JOKE ? ]

RedBaird

• Leader

Husqvarna Automower x DOOM - Official Trailer - IGN

Doom (1993)•Feb 23, 2024 Husqvarna Automower x DOOM - Official Trailer

Get ready to rip, shear, mow, and tear as DOOM is back. Watch the trailer for the Husqvarna Automower revealing the legendary 1993 game DOOM will be available to play on the robotic lawn mower. The update is available for the Husqvarna Automower NERA product range. DOOM will be playable on Husqvarna Automower for a limited time from April 9 to September 9, 2024.

The Robotic Mower Robotic Lawn Mowers | Husqvarna US 😄

One commentor said, "Doom can be played on anything with a screen".  😄 

• Love 2
  • 100 2

• RedBaird changed the title to Husqvarna Automower x DOOM - Official Trailer [ April 1 JOKE ? ]

Ahahahaha 😄

So epic! Anyway, thanks to John Carmack for the wonderful code and game, we can play Doom on many devices :)

• Haha 1

• Leader
Posted (edited)
On 2/23/2024 at 4:09 PM, RedBaird said:

The Robotic Mower Robotic Lawn Mowers | Husqvarna US 😄

One commentor said, "Doom can be played on anything with a screen".  😄 

I got the "registration" page from the video : https://www.husqvarna.com/uk/learn-and-discover/news-and-media/doom-husqvarna-update/  (Actually the given address redirected to this link.  When I tried to put FR, DE or CZ in place of UK, it retuned 404 codes). 

The update will be available exclusively for owners of Husqvarna Automower® NERA models. You can sign up now to play from 9 April to 9 September 2024. 

The software update will be made available for download via the Husqvarna Automower® Connect App, exclusively for Husqvarna Automower® NERA models. Owners of these robotic lawnmower models can sign up for the software update here [Husqvarna.com/register-doom] already now.  

Following registration, and once the software update is released for download on 9 April, 2024, it may take up to a week before the game is playable on the robotic lawnmower. 

Sign-up closes on 26 August 2024. On September 9, 2024, a software update will remove  DOOM from the robotic lawn mowers. 

The game is played by using the robotic lawnmower’s onboard display and controls. Players navigate the game by using the robotic lawnmower’s control knob to turn left and right. Pressing the START button will make you run forward. To fire, players press the control knob.

...available in the following markets:
United Kingdom, Ireland, Malta, Switzerland, Australia, New Zealand, Italy, Spain, Portugal, South Africa, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Turkey, Moldova, Republic of Serbia, Germany, Austria, Slovenia, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Iceland.

NOT Western Hemisphere, Only in Europe and in Australia & New Zealand.  😄  This whole thing us Funny As Hell! 😄 

I did not read anything about sound, but the mower does use WiFi.  😄 

This link uses US, for me.  I can put FR, DE and CZ into the /us/ part of the link and get the product pages for those countries.

The Robotic Mower : Robotic Lawn Mowers | Husqvarna US 😄

Edited by RedBaird
ADD code-box comment
  • Like 1

• Leader
11 hours ago, Dimo4ka said:

Ahahahaha 😄

Are you going to buy that expensive mower so that you can play Doom on it?  😄 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, RedBaird said:

Are you going to buy that expensive mower so that you can play Doom on it?  😄 

If in old age I begin to suffer from insanity, I can’t vouch for myself 😄