Launching the game via keyboard shortcut doesn't work

RASHOMON

Hey there !

I got a Logitech G915 Keyboard for Christmas cause I'm a huge nerd and there are extra keys that you can map to anything you want so I thought, why not map it to launch ET extra quickly, instead of going to the desktop and double clicking the icon because... who would do that, right?

Anyway, I use ET Legacy via Steam and the shortcut I'm using is located in : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wolfenstein Enemy Territory. File is etl.exe. Now when I double click it, the game opens like it usually does. But when I use the configurable key on my keyboard, I receive an ET console error message even though the path I selected for the configurable key leads to the exact same .exe file.

Here is the console error message:

image.png.bc3a2b661ea33d83902aadb302c3c1eb.png

Any of you knows if I can fix this? It appears that clicking the key isn't exactly the same as double clicking the icon. The key does not simply execute the exe, otherwise it would work just fine, right?

Anyway, merry Xmas to you all and thanks in advance for the help you could provide.

Regards,

RASHOMON

edit: it may have to do with the trick to launch ETLegacy from Steam instead of regular Steam ET? I had followed this video

but it probably messed with the files? I dno...

Edited by RASHOMON

Hi. I'm not sure how to help but i've found a topic from before where similiar problem occured 

also do you start the game by opening steam and by library there or just by desktop shortcut?

You can try installing  extra legacy or 2.6b in a different folder but not via steam to check if the problem will still happen.

Merry Christmas to You too and sorry that you have that problem.

Edit:Also can you check if you have pak0.pk3 in your etmain folder?

Hi 

Im using roccat horde and works fine. 

Try to uninstall your lghub restart your PC and install lghub but same partition where you have your ET installed, not in the same folder but same drive 

• Like 1