Installing ETL on Archlinux with YAY

-=HipKat=-

• Platinum VIP

Normally, when I set up a new OS, I just extract the tar but I have to set a hotlink to the ETL folder in Dolphin to click on the etl file. 

If I install with YAY, it will give me a shortcut in the application menu, - like on Windows - BUT, damn! There are 10 ETL packages to choose from so which one(s) do I want?

10 aur/etlegacy-omnibot 0.87.2-1 (+5 0.01)
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory 2.60b compatible client/server (omni-bot files)
9 aur/etlegacy32-mod-git 2.81.1.60.g3359b5f21-1 (+3 0.00)
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory 2.60b compatible client/server (etlegacy mod, 32 bit)
8 aur/etlegacy-mod-git 2.80.2.217.g4bf88f2f6-1 (+7 0.32)
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory 2.60b compatible client/server (etlegacy mod)
7 aur/etlegacy32-mod 2.80.2-1 (+5 0.00) (Out-of-date: 2023-01-27)
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory 2.60b compatible client/server (etlegacy mod, 32 bit)
6 aur/etlegacy32-bin 2.81.1-1 (+3 0.32)
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory 2.60b compatible client/server (etlegacy engine, 32 bit), binary release
5 aur/etlegacy32-git 2.81.1.60.g3359b5f21-1 (+3 0.00)
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory 2.60b compatible client/server (etlegacy engine, 32 bit)
4 aur/etlegacy32 2.80.2-1 (+5 0.00) (Out-of-date: 2023-01-27)
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory 2.60b compatible client/server (etlegacy engine, 32 bit)
3 aur/etlegacy-mod 2.81.0-1 (+18 0.00)
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory 2.60b compatible client/server (etlegacy mod)
2 aur/etlegacy-git 2.80.2.217.g4bf88f2f6-1 (+7 0.32)
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory 2.60b compatible client/server (etlegacy engine)
1 aur/etlegacy 2.81.0-1 (+18 0.00)
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory 2.60b compatible client/server (etlegacy engine)

Edited by -=HipKat=-

Why don´t you use the official etlegacy installer instead? Or just go the *nix way and install it using the binaries?! :) I have no clue what YAY is, but i´ve never used package manger running any *nix box in the past. Moreover, Slackware as an example, had no official packet manager for decades.

• Platinum VIP
4 hours ago, tEst453 said:

Why don´t you use the official etlegacy installer instead? Or just go the *nix way and install it using the binaries?! :) I have no clue what YAY is, but i´ve never used package manger running any *nix box in the past. Moreover, Slackware as an example, had no official packet manager for decades.

Because, like I Said, doing it that way installs the game without a link to START the game and unlike Windows, you can't right click on the exe. file in the installation folder and create a shortcut. YAY is yust another package manager that installs form the AUR and other repositories in the same way pacman, apt-get, flatpak, etc do. 

The command yay ETLegacy comes back with those options. I just need to know which is the right one.

#5 is not, I tried it, the game doesn't load. #'s 1-3 are possibly 64-bit.
Actually, it just dawned on me I should post this in the ETL Discord page