ET Playing ET via Steam - low FPS - a video fix with Legacy

RASHOMON

Disclaimer : If the issue has already been brought up and resolved, delete my post!

Hey everyone,

I'm back in the game and I'm loving it!

I recently noticed that ET was available for free on Steam so I decided to give it a try through Steam so that the game could gain some visibility (boosting playtime numbers, etc.). On FA, I had very low FPS when moving so I googled the issue and found out that playing through ETLegacy could fix the issue... but getting ET Legacy to work though Steam is a little tricky but there's a video on YT (probably from an ETLegacy project member) that I closely followed and the FPS issue was totally gone. I've already recommended it to several players on JAY1 and it seems to have worked - even though one player experienced an annoying bug -known by the ETLegacy crew).

Here is the video, it's 5 minute long:

I recommend people to play ET via Steam so that Steam can see that the game is still being played and thus promoting it more.

Why there's an FPS issue with the Steam version I don't know, Bethesda must have messed up with the porting (?) they did in order to bring the game on Steam, I dno really...

(I have no link whatsoever with ETLegacy btw :P)

Sniping regards,

RASHOMON

Edited by RASHOMON
  • Thanks 1

• Inactive Member

steam fps fix:

seta r_primitives 2 in steam normal version and it works and ye it was mentioned some time ago.

Also you need to do resolution custom in cfg but legacy allready have it updated.

resolution fix:

Locate your autoexec.cfg file inside …steamapps\common\Wolfenstein Enemy Territory\etmain
If there isn’t one open notepad and then type:

seta r_mode -1
seta r_customwidth "1920"
seta r_customheight "1080"
seta r_customaspect 1
Change the values of customwidth and customheight to whatever your native monitor’s resolution is. Once you do that press save as and name the file autoexec.cfg (THE EXTENSION NAME IS IMPORTANT, IF YOU SAVE IT AS autoexec.txt IT WON’T WORK). Save it inside main.

First of all welcome back and hope to see you more often and secondly thanks for great tuto too :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1