Config not loading

Nikolai
Go to solution Solved by Nikolai,

• Solution

I think I finally found out what the issue was.

When they introduced the game to Steam, people were having issues with the game lagging with certain graphics cards (AMD). So they made Steam automatically give you a config which fixed the lag issues. 

That steam config runs automatically over my own config.

I deleted the game files from my Steam folder and put a fresh install of the game into that steam folder, and now it runs without issues from Steam.

Edited by Nikolai
  • Like 2
  • 100 3

• 1 month later...

Do this, it should help.

Rename the cfg to something like test.cfg

Put it in the folder you think it needs to be.

When you go to exec the CFG in the server do these steps.

assuming you name it test.cfg

1. Open console

2. Type - exec te

-Just the first 2 letters. instead of typing test.cfg

3. Then hit tab (Not enter) to see if it auto fills in the exec test.cfg. If it does autofill THEN hit enter and it should exec, then do a VID_RESART to change visuals. 

If it can't find test.cfg by hitting tab, then the CFG is in the wrong folder.

Go back and try moving the CFG to et main or the mod you are using.

If you are using STEAM it might be in your steamapps or in your ET folder in program files, not sure.

If the CFG is in the right folder you should be able to just type the 1st couple letters of the name and hit TAB so it autofills. So when I exec my autoexec I just type "Exec auto + hit tab + enter" and im executed. 

IF the CFG fully executes, do a VID_RESTART to change any visual aspects. 

if you can't figure out what I mean by hitting tab, type in console  cg_ then hit tab. You'll see all the available commands. It does the same thing with available configs in your folder. 

------------------------ Other things to note ----------------------------

I have ET Legacy. There are 2 mods I play. ET Legacy (which is like ET Pro) and Silent mod.

I need to use 2 different autoexec.cfgs for each mod.

When I play on Silent mod servers, I have to put the autoexec.cfg in the etmain folder.

When I play on ET Legacy servers, the autoexec needs to be in the ETLegacy folder. 

So if I make a change to 1 autoexec for silent mod, I need to do the same thing in the ET legacy for the next time I play that mod. 

• Like 1