Black Screen Every New Game

Toma

Returning player from 12 years ago and basically brand new to PC gaming so forgive my sins 🙏 

At the start of every game (right about the end of the warm-up timer) my screen goes black.

I can still hear as tho I'm in game but I can't see or get ET to leave my screen (fullscreen) via esc button or f1. 

I have to alt+cntrl+del and use the task manager to close et before I can use my computer again.

I reconnect and all plays normal till start of next match/map

I can easily avoid all this just by leaving the server before I get black screen, waiting about 15ish seconds and then reconnecting... I didn't think it before, but as I type this I wonder if it correlates to the warm-up timer; I had previously just assumed it was all on me and my lack of knowledge (probably still is)

Anyway I was just curious if this was familiar to anyone, maybe I just need to flip a switch or change a value because of my particular PC 🤷🙏

i would uninstall what you have keep your etkey but other then that sounds like you have a bad install did you install the game from some were as  if you got it off here then i have no clue it kinda sounds like a problem i had do you have window 10 or what windows are you running you have lot of little info that could help us that is missing like 

what windows are you running what type of system are you running  like  your  graphics card ram stuff like that could help to so add as much info as you can 

Edited by *Kiba*