Defusing Landmines

g.o.a.t.

Landmines are annoying and pesky just the reason why I love them now. I love hearing raters and self-proclaimed "I pwn everyone" players complain. Whether it be to a panzer shot to the head, landmine, rifle nade, poison knife, and the behind the back kills. I get a thrill of being called a noob. But using a landmine oh if this weapon is carefully utilized it will echo hatred from the self-proclaimed ET Gods for weeks to come. I have given up the thrilling intense gun fights and settled for the funny bone tantalizing cheap kills.

Don't get me wrong, landmines cannot be used offensively if your team stinks to high heaven on most maps. That is when you resort to using a gun, and clearing out some noobs that believe they are amazing because they constantly switch to stacking teams and killing easier prey.

Land mines are considered pesky because their objective is to disrupt. If you have ever played in a scrim where mines were allowed you would be astonished by how much damage 2 well placed mines can do to a team's strategy. Even if you don't kill the person it's all about herding them to where they would be more susceptible to an attack from your team. I feel that 15 is too many, and can make maps like oasis nearly impossible if you're not getting much support, but just like every other tool in this game the best way to overcome them is by working with another engi, or better yet have a covert ops spot the mines. No matter their battle sense a cov op can spot mines and destroy them.

Back to the original post, disarming land mines isn't rude unless you're doing it to get your own kills. I can't tell you how many times i've seen someone disarm a mine and place their own in the exact same spot just to rack up the frags. The best way to avoid any problems is to simply ask your team if you can defuse them. Maybe just do a "y" chat or if you don't get a response send a message to the other engineers. If you STILL don't get an answer i think it'd be safe to get rid of them, just be sure to save as many as possible so everyone can be happy :P

• 3 weeks later...
finally one more fan for the engi class :D

I must say that for anyone that does understand the essence of being and eng, knows that landmine placing is an art :D

I was (and maybe will) going to do a tutorial on mine placing but just don't got the time

But my opinion on this post is, that g.o.a.t is right..

the max mine limit, sucks, specially if you are playing with a noob engie, it has happened after I place only 3 mines I couldn't place any more because

they had wasted all of them in one single spot

But as much unfair as it is, it must be limited, or else we could turn an entire map into a mine field (that would be sooooo cool).. and and experient engie

simply wouldn't allow for the other team to do anything...

So the solution goes by either letting the engies disarm others mines, or have a defined amount BY engi..

but unfortunately that is up to the MOD guys...

only solution is to wait and hope

I ditto every space and word that Caldas said...took the words outta my mouth. (especially the entire minefield map :D:cheers )