Wii SoftModing GUIDE

southog

$$$$$$ WII softmoding by me $$$$$

((((THIS IS ONLY FOR 4.3U SYSTEM MENU {AMERICA/NTSC} )))

( for other systems you can look around like ,I did )

I got this from diferents sites at first I was like nan

but it work please follow every step and u should be ok, the only thing you loose is your warrant

so think above it first ok and this is how is done

>>>>>>>> WARNING,WARNING,WARNING,WARNING,WARNING,WARNING,WARNING,WARNING,WARNING<<<<<<<<

???? IF YOU LIKE TO TRY THIS IF AT YOUR OWN RISK ?????

((( THIS ARE THE THINGS U NEED )))

1-SuperSmash Bros the Game

2- and SD card with 2 Gib memory (it has to be SD nothing else)

3- a external hard Drive with usb connector ( I'm using a Barracuda 200 Gbytes,I partion half to store the games and the other for other files like programs,music,videos e.t.c}

4- Gamecube controller

5- WinRaR Program

6- your PC needs to read SD cards

7. You need to have your Wii connect it online

????? OPTIONAL STUFF ??????

1. you can use a USB card/stick and not a Hard Drive, I use a hard Drive becuose the games are over 4.3 Gib

2. To Use copy games you can GOOGLE and find out how

3. where to get games you can GOOGLE to, there a lot of sites

"" step 1 ""

1. start ur wii insert your game (supersmash Bros) if you got the game save go and delete it from the Wii saves

2. Make a save if you don't have it

3. Go to the "Vault" then "stage builder",delete all custom stages

4. Format your SD card to FAT32 insert it then on the game make a new stage then save it to your SD card, then exit the game

5. Pull your SD from the Wii insert it on your PC, you should see a folder name private rename to privateold or whatever you like

6. Go here and Download this and extract to your SD card

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q4NFZRLC

5. Insert your SD card on the Wii start the game again go to vault / stage builder the HacMii installer loads if it dosen't hold the power botton and your Wii until it turns red and start again ok

6. ok after u go to stage builder it should looks like is loading, then it turns dark then, you should see some words,then after a 1 minute or 2 you should see the # 1 so press it on your Wiimote

7. you should see two files #1 Install Homebrew channel and #2 Install BootMii ok press A to install first Homebrew then move down and press A to install BootMii

8. After you intall bouth exit to Wii menu (home) then you should see your new channel call (HomeBrew Channel)

"" step 2 ""

NAND BACKUP (Recomended)

This helps you and case something goes wrong and your Wii gets Brick , with this you can reinstall to the original stage ( so please don't loose it if you do you'r Fuk )

>>>> if you loose it I know how to get another one but your original setting the come with your Wii will be lost forever, so please don't loose it <<<<<

1. Load the new Channel (homebrew..I will start calling it HMC ) after it loads press home then u should see other small screen on the botton or middle you should see load BootMii so press it

2. insert your gamecube controller then after BootMii loads go to your right and press the last one,

on the next screen press the first one

then wait it takes some time (press using A on your gamecube contoller)

3. After is done exit to your Wii menu then pull out your SD card and insert it on your PC, then open the SD go to BootMii then you should see two files (nand.bin / Key.bin) copy they to a folder on your desktop (please don't loose they )

"" step 3 ""

1. Format yor SD card to FAT32

2. Download this http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U9VYHDH0

3. Extract and Copy to SD Card

4. insert your SD card back on your Wii load the HBC, you should see now new stuf in it load the one the says ( Load Multi Mod Manager )

5. After it loads you should see alot of files ( 19 total they are call WAD's) press (1) on your wiimote then press (A) to install all (if you have problems to install they, go back to HMC press home in your wiimote then load "BootMii"

then go to "WAD MANAGER" load the wads from there

6. the next step it should be done after you """install all the 19 wads"""" oook , if you don't install all of they you ( BRICK YOUR Wii )

"" step 4 ""

( this is optional but highly recomend )

Now you are going to (Down Grade your system from 4.3u to 4.1u)

1. Open the HBC load > Multi Mod Manager < I will start calling it ( MMM )

2. Select > Manage System Menu< press (A)

3. Install System Menu 4.1u, I forgot how long it takes I guess is up to how go is your connection

4. After is install press ( b ) to return to (MMM) menu

"" step 5 ""

( Installing Priiloader >> Highly Recomended << )

1. At the (MMM) go to App Manager and select it press (A)

2. Select " PRiiLOADER " press (A)

3. Read the warning press (A) to install

4. After just Reboot your Wii

5. When you see the first screen where it ask for you to press (A) don't do it,in step press and hold down " Reset botton in your Wii console" is the one down from power botton

6. Priiloader should it load it looks white

7. go down to " System Hacks " and change some of they pressing (A)

1-Block Disk Updates " Enable it "

2-Block Online Updates " Enable it "

3-Region Free Everything " Enable it "

4-Remove Noncopy Save File Protection " Enable it "

8. There is other stuff leave it along just enable the wants I say please

9. Go down to save setings and press (A) to save

10. If you see " Error -106 is not an issue is expected " ok *

11. After you save it go to "system Menu " load it

"" step 6 ""

(Installing Darkcorp) this is >> Optional<<

( Enables backup disks to be loaded from the "Wii disk channel " without using a loader )

1. Load the HBC

2. load Darkcorp "Install it "

3. after is install exit to Wii main menu

"" step 7 ""

( Installing MIOS Patcher) this is >> Optional <<

( Enables backup Gamecube disks to be loaded )

1. Load HBC

2. Load MIOS Patcher " Install it "

3. after is install just exit to Wii Main menu

"" step 8 * Optional * ""

1. Load HBC

2. Load ""homebrew ""browser ( here you can get games Demos and diferent applications to use on your new Wii softmod )

3. Applications like " Emulators to play like. Regular NES,SNES,GBOY,SEGA GENESIS e.t.c games on your Wii, and media players to watch " Videos" or listening to "Music " and other stuff is up to you what u want and like

"" step 9 """

1. I'm using USBLoader to play my Wii games trw the usb on the back of the Wii on a Hard Drive I try to burn copys but couldn't do it so, I just use the usb

"" How to Use Your USBLoader ""

1. Down load this first http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AI3K5VR0

2. Extract on your Desktop ( there are two files in it # 1 EPMsetup ( EASEUS Partition Master ) " this you use to partion your Hard Drive for the Wii)

# 2 setup this one is ( WBFS Manager 3.0 ) this you use to load your games to the hard Drive for your Wii

3. Install bouth

4. Connect your External Drive to your PC

5. Open " EASEUS Partition Master "

6. You should see Disk #1 thats your pc Disk and Disk #2 thats your External Hard Drive

7. Select Disk # 2 it should show the site of it on the tap you should see ( resize/move,Create,Delete,Formate ) an other bottons

8. Click ( Resize/move ) a window should open, if you don't want to use the hold memory set it to what you like to use ( to set it just move the bar to the left then press ok )

9. Now Click (Create) on your new partion, on "Partion Level" name it to whatever you like,then set Create As to "Primary" , then Driver Letter to whatever u like, the you aren't using,then file system to FAT32,on the file Size Position live it like it's, then click ok

10. After you should see your new partion, right click on it window opens,click Advance/ Set Active, then on the bar where it says "status " highligh Blue " it should it says Active

11. Now just Click "Apply" Botton on tap and you should be set,ahh wait for the peogram to do his thing (I forgot how long it takes)

1. Now open "WBFS Manager 3.0"

2. Click "Refresh Drive List"

3. Now where it says Drive look for the letter on your partion Hard Drive ( external)

4. After Click (Formate) then screen will pop out asking you is you want to formate to "WBFS" click ok/yes

5. Ater is done click (Load ) then on your right side the Browse botton it should be highly

6. Click on it look for the folder where you store your games add they

7. Highly they then click "Add to Drive" it takes some time after is done close the program

8. Now connect your hard Drive to your Wii use the USB port on your left if you are looking at yor Wii frm the front

9. turn on your Wii

10. if you see a channel call "USBLOADER" click on it wait to load and TAADAA ther you go will see your games

""Anything else ask me , leave me a pm here or if u have xfire pm or if u have vent add me , I can help you thrw there or just GOOGLE like I did to learn more""

>>>>> southOG <<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CONGRATULATIONS <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>>>>>> YOUR Wii is Now softmod <<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>>>> HAVE FUNNNNNNNNNNNN <<<<<<<<<<<<

you now can play copy games ( Wii/ Gamecube )

ohh and sorry for my bad writting ( I'm just a simple BEANNER lololol)

• 1 month later...

This is exactly what I followed (almost) to softmod my wii. Now my question is: do you know if I do a nand restore with the nand backup I did exactly at the step you mentioned will restore my wii to 4.3 without all the crap we installed after?

Second thing:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New WIIs, the Black one, the White one and the Red one comes with the Drive 3-2 which doesn't allow you to play DVD-R. This means, no backup GameCube games can be played on your WII

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New games will refuse to play on your WII. The best example is I bought the Red WII that comes with New Super Mario Bros. That game crash after 15 minutes due to anti-piracy protection. So if you softmod your WII, the newer games will refuse to work. Especially the ones that comes from Nintendo itself. Not the other game's developer like Ubisoft.

Step 6, DarkCorp v1.1 is the one that breaks newer game. It's detected by Nintendo games now and that's why they won't work. So the only way to play Super mario is to play a backup of your own game patched. Also, if you have a newer drive, DarkCorp won't do anything good for you since it won't allow you to play DVD-R due to your drive limitation.

This is exactly what I followed (almost) to softmod my wii. Now my question is: do you know if I do a nand restore with the nand backup I did exactly at the step you mentioned will restore my wii to 4.3 without all the crap we installed after?

Second thing:

New WIIs, the Black one, the White one and the Red one comes with the Drive 3-2 which doesn't allow you to play DVD-R. This means, no backup GameCube games can be played on your WII

New games will refuse to play on your WII. The best example is I bought the Red WII that comes with New Super Mario Bros. That game crash after 15 minutes due to anti-piracy protection. So if you softmod your WII, the newer games will refuse to work. Especially the ones that comes from Nintendo itself. Not the other game's developer like Ubisoft.

Step 6, DarkCorp v1.1 is the one that breaks newer game. It's detected by Nintendo games now and that's why they won't work. So the only way to play Super mario is to play a backup of your own game patched. Also, if you have a newer drive, DarkCorp won't do anything good for you since it won't allow you to play DVD-R due to your drive limitation.

I think it will but the softmod part u did allready it will still be there and the other thing above the new games I allready softmod afew for friends and no problems show , but the only thing u have to for some games change the cios ,I can give you a link where you can read more above it and download what u need just pm me over xfire ( no mater how they set stuft there is allways a way ) ;)