Any Civil War buffs out there?

Lusciousdrunk

As a gamer I've been playing games since the Atari days (I'm 37 now). I've been a Civil War enthusiast since middle school. This led me to buying games such as Sid Meiers Gettysburg and Antietam. Both great games and are still playable 23 years after they came out with the right patches ect. So since the 90's I've been looking for a Total War (amazing game series if you've never heard of it) style of game. Make moves on a map and fight the battles on a separate map in detail. Some games came pretty close Forge of Freedom being one. But the battle scenarios were clunky and a mess. So I've been playing Empire Total War off and on. Played different Civil War mods for various games but nothing really captured the true essence of the war. So two years ago, I saw a video on Youtube about a game called "Grand Tactician Civil War 1861-1865". Watched a few videos and it looked extremely promising. Attention to detail, hand drawn maps the whole deal. So I waited and waited and waited for this game. Just for a release date. Finally got one "Summer of 2020". I'm thinking to myself well its a computer game so it will probably get delayed. THEN I actually saw a post from the website saying the game would drop on Steam on August 21st 😮. So they released the game as an early access. It's not in its complete form by any means. I was just wondering if anyone plays Civil War games or is interested in the Civil War at all? Unfortunately the game isn't multiplayer as it moves in real time. Unlike Total War where you would have turns this game is constantly moving. You can pause it, but their are no "turns" so to speak. Was just wondering if anyone is interested in any games like this because I have a pretty decent Civil War collection catalog.