3-way sli

rogue1

I am wondering if anyone here has experince with 3-way sli m, I currently run 2-way sli and am wondering if there is a great improvement by running 3 way.

the comp. I have I built two years ago and I tend to up grade or rebuild every two to three years , cod4 runs pretty good but I have the graphics set low for smooth play and with Black Ops on its way I want to be ready for a clean smooth gaming exp . the up grade to 3-way will cost roughly about $1100 dollors ( 3 gtx 260 core 216 896 mb 448 gddr3 cards and 1000w power supply and Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550S Yorkfield 2.83GHz ) Is this worth the expense?

I am wondering if anyone here has experince with 3-way sli m, I currently run 2-way sli and am wondering if there is a great improvement by running 3 way.

the comp. I have I built two years ago and I tend to up grade or rebuild every two to three years , cod4 runs pretty good but I have the graphics set low for smooth play and with Black Ops on its way I want to be ready for a clean smooth gaming exp . the up grade to 3-way will cost roughly about $1100 dollors ( 3 gtx 260 core 216 896 mb 448 gddr3 cards and 1000w power supply and Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550S Yorkfield 2.83GHz ) Is this worth the expense?

I never seen a 3 way sli but i have seen a 3 way crossfire HD 5870's. And because the layout for the triple PCI-e x 16, the cards just stack on top of one another, it seems like the ventilation is impaired =P. The temps for each card were 13 C hotter than the norm also.

I think it is best to try to go for a single high performance card like the GTX 480 than multiple mid-performance cards in sli (mainly because it is less of a headache, and not as noisy =P. 3 cards go vroom vroom). But no matter what you choose, you shouldn't have any problems running games on highest settings lol

im currently running a 3 way sli system lga1366 (3 9800gtx+ , mobo evga sli le ,i930 @ 4.0 and a 1200 watt coolmaster psu) , why i got 3way sli , Well since playing et and other games before going into lga1366 i had a 2 9800gtx+ and an amd setup i wanted a top of the line rig so i moved over to ati b/c of my new build lga1366 and being ati hot at the time i when with 2 5830s supposedly better cards"" and one of the cards died after a 6 month use and major mw2 gamin lol , i sold the other one and i got my self an extra 9800 gtx+ for 70 bucks on ebay lol .

one of the big issues is heat in the case u need one with a good amount on ventilation fans try on going water cooled on the cpu so u could have less heat on the case , at the moment i got my system on a tech bench so i got no problems with heat .

i get pretty good fps on cod 4 and mw2 200 + , you have to keep in mind the the mobo that your getting has at lease 2 8x pcie , b/c it would be pointless to run a 3 way on with 4x slots your 3th card would not do anything at all just sit ther and do phyx or give u extra heat , so make sure u get a good one mobo .

I never seen a 3 way sli but i have seen a 3 way crossfire HD 5870's. And because the layout for the triple PCI-e x 16, the cards just stack on top of one another, it seems like the ventilation is impaired =P. The temps for each card were 13 C hotter than the norm also.

I think it is best to try to go for a single high performance card like the GTX 480 than multiple mid-performance cards in sli (mainly because it is less of a headache, and not as noisy =P. 3 cards go vroom vroom). But no matter what you choose, you shouldn't have any problems running games on highest settings lol

Yeh , the temperature is surely a problem . I killed my Soundcard between my 2 graphiccards that are linked via SLI . in future i would also prefer one high performance card instead of 2 or even 3 cards .

im currently running a 3 way sli system lga1366 (3 9800gtx+ , mobo evga sli le ,i930 @ 4.0 and a 1200 watt coolmaster psu) , why i got 3way sli , Well since playing et and other games before going into lga1366 i had a 2 9800gtx+ and an amd setup i wanted a top of the line rig so i moved over to ati b/c of my new build lga1366 and being ati hot at the time i when with 2 5830s supposedly better cards"" and one of the cards died after a 6 month use and major mw2 gamin lol , i sold the other one and i got my self an extra 9800 gtx+ for 70 bucks on ebay lol .

one of the big issues is heat in the case u need one with a good amount on ventilation fans try on going water cooled on the cpu so u could have less heat on the case , at the moment i got my system on a tech bench so i got no problems with heat .

i get pretty good fps on cod 4 and mw2 200 + , you have to keep in mind the the mobo that your getting has at lease 2 8x pcie , b/c it would be pointless to run a 3 way on with 4x slots your 3th card would not do anything at all just sit ther and do phyx or give u extra heat , so make sure u get a good one mobo .

well heres the thing I already have the EVGA 780i sli ftw mobo , 8 gigs ddr2 1066 hyper x ram , I thinking that I am going to just up grade this machine sense it is already 3-way capable. probably start with the new yorkfield quad and windows 7 this week and hope fully after the big holiday rush I will be able to pick up the cards at a discount . I was looking at the 9800gtx + for the graphics but the updated version gts 260 are onley 2-way sli, and I just have issues with buying used comp parts

I got a few mobos from evga b stock they go cheaper on the weekends , i just order a x58 sli for 100 bucks on sunday and they had the 260 gtx for 129 check it out , but wait in till the weekend evga gives a 20% of b stock .

this would be my 8 th mobo from b stock they are so cheap that i could re sell them here for 3 times the price .

http://www.evga.com/...t.asp?switch=20

I got a few mobos from evga b stock they go cheaper on the weekends , i just order a x58 sli for 100 bucks on sunday and they had the 260 gtx for 129 check it out , but wait in till the weekend evga gives a 20% of b stock .

this would be my 8 th mobo from b stock they are so cheap that i could re sell them here for 3 times the price .

http://www.evga.com/...t.asp?switch=20

thanks for the heads up on B stock :yahoo