Ping Trouble =[

Blade

This all started after I returned from my D.C Trip on july 14 I think. Before I left my ping on ETPub and other servers was stable and around 48-98. Now I have been experiencing a slow increase of ping over time. It had gone from 48 to 98 then some weeks ago it went to 115 and now I believe I'm at 148... I contacted my isp, but all they did was tell me to reset my modem or router, which I have done too many times to count. Any ideas?

Did you check for your softwares that consume your BW? There's a tuto to check if you're lost BW, check your pc for some malware. I thought you check your packets n' rate in-game, true, you're so smart.

Couple days ago i called my isp as well, i woke up and my connection was so slow it felt like dial up. They said the signal strength was ok and nothing was wrong, they also reset reset my modem. So i checked the running services from task manager and there was a software running in the background, uninstalled and everything is ok now. So you might wanna check if something is using your connection that you dont know about, if it dont work run a virus scan.

• Like 1

check if some software is downloading updates or something. or if someone is leaching of ur connection. try doing pingtest.net and speedtest.net

also do run > ping yahoo.com -l 1024 -t

keep it running see if ur ping fluctuates or if you get interrupts. you can try others servers in place of yahoo.com.