PC issues

that_guy

Question

12 answers to this question

ya as soon as we see the error message we can tell you what you need to do most likely your gone to haft to go delete the one you have now and download it again

So the message I get says "iw3mp.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." This only happens when loading the Wet Work map. Any ideas? I am not a computer person, I know how to turn it on look stuff up and play my game. Thats about it.

If you are using "Steam" to play the game, go to settings, click the "In-Game" tab, and UNCHECK the "enable Steam in-game". This fixes the IW3MP.exe error and allows you to change the graphics/settings.

If you have a realtek sound drive, then that could be the problem too. Use a search engine for instructions.

or

get the latest driver from activision or Realtek's website.

I used Steam to download COD4, so changing the setting fixed my problem.

hope that helps info from GameSpot

come on guys google is your friend

I have never tried a headset, maybe I will give that a try. I disabled the Steam ingame and that did not seem to make a difference. I will try and figure out the realtek thing. Not sure how but whats the worst that can happen!?!

I have never tried a headset, maybe I will give that a try. I disabled the Steam ingame and that did not seem to make a difference. I will try and figure out the realtek thing. Not sure how but whats the worst that can happen!?!

I wouldn't say that if I were you >_>

Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you today was my brother's birthday party. Ok before we try my other method lets try this. Since you have the CD/DVD then go to....

X:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare

X being the name of the HDD or HDD Partition where your game is installed. examples are C:, D:, etc......

Once in this folder copy the folder called "players" and paste it on the desktop or, if you are particularly paranoid, save it to a CD/DVD/External Drive.

Uninstall CoD4 and reinstall it.

Go back into X:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare and place your old "players" folder in it. If there is already a folder named players simply delete it and place yours in its place.

If this does not work let me know and we can try other more creative methods.