COD Black Ops server monopoly

OnionKnight

http://www.escapistm...ack-Ops-Servers

No dedicated servers for you unless you rent from GameServers.com. The reason is because Treyarch believes that "gamerserver.com" will help crack down on hackers and cheaters if they help run the servers (instead of anyone else).

I dunno if this is bad or good lol (i guess its meh. Its not that big of a deal). But still what is "gameservers.com" going to do about hackers lol ! Also if duckie reads this, I don't have much to say except "har har har har har"

the point treyarch is making is gameservers will probably crack down on hackers because their source of income is going to be servers and black ops is a big opportunity and no one will buy servers if its hacks galore.....hackers = low profit no hacks = high profit

if you noticed it said ranging 2$ for 10 players to 30$ for 250 players...............whole new meaning to cluster f***.=C...."i just got a gunship with 1 noobtube"

if you noticed it said ranging 2$ for 10 players to 30$ for 250 players...............whole new meaning to cluster f***.=C...."i just got a gunship with 1 noobtube"

Forget a gunship with a tube. More like a gunship with 1 L96A1 round. That has to be a typo I can not imagine the insanity of a 250 person server. It also appears they were talking about voice chat- but what would be the point of 250 ppl chatting while only 18 are playing? I am so confused right now.

i doubt it for the "crack down on hackers". Would take a wild guess that Treyarch and/or Activision have a very "vested" interest in gameservers.com Hell gameservers is one of the crappier GSP as far as rating/price goes on the market right now. Bet if you follow the trail of money it all makes more sense.

Edited by *Evil*Stevedawg

The 250 slot thing is a vent server, I believe. At least thats what it said when I started to fill out some info on gameservers.

Yes. 24 Player Max Unranked Server (C$1.07 / PLAYER) , 18 Player Max for Ranked servers (C$16.20 / 18 PLAYERS).

Theoretically though this is the norm nowadays where you can not physically run or own a dedicated server for most new fps multiplayer games and only can rent them from specific companies. I believe bad company 2 is like that too (and probably most games in the future will do the same).