Basic Questions Re: Text Chat and Game

Thoracic

Question

Hello,

I just have a couple basic questions regarding the COD4 game.

How does one determine if a chat is directed towards the user? Same question with game sounds/voices

ie...what does a warning look like? :)

Does it help the team to shoot down the AI helecopters?

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

I am not sure I fully inderstand your questions but I will do my best.

Hello,

I just have a couple basic questions regarding the COD4 game.

How does one determine if a chat is directed towards the user?

Usually if it is important they will use part of your name for instance "Anti look left!" or if I am blocking a doorway they might say "Anti move!", if they say "Move I am stuck in this room!" or "Stop blocking the door!!" but do not use my name I know it is likely me because I am in a doorway.

Same question with game sounds/voices ie...what does a warning look like? :)

Game sounds and voice commands are more difficult to figure out. If someone issues one of the in-game voice commands if you are looking at the map they will have an ! where there arrow/position marker is if it appears they are close to you it may be directed to you. To be honest though voice commands are seldom useful (unless you are actually speaking in a program like Vent). Other than that listen for sounds like the shuffling of footsteps behind you, the unpleasant Ting....Ting..Ting of a bouncing grenade- if it is getting louder find cover, and of course the sound of bullet impacts. If you hear impacts they are probably shooting at you.

Does it help the team to shoot down the AI helecopters?

Absolutely. Whether it gets only 3 kills or an impressive 20 kills those are kills that could have been prevented and that inflate the score of the opposing team.

Thanks!