Other Doom Ports, Anyone own Ultimate Doom or Doom 2 or the like?

DevilHunter

Just wondering if anyone out there is as a Retro Gamer as I am. Since I am in the process of getting my new PC set up, I was curious to see if anyone still plays Doom, Doom2, TNT, Pluntonia, Quake, Quake 2, Quake 3, Return to Castle Wolfenstien.. But mostly Focused on Doom as the topic implies. There are 3 main Doom Ports, which are still somewhat alive. Zandronum (prev. Skulltag) is the first one I found along the early years of the interwebs.

Zandronum is a fun Doom Port, online and offline. There is a million Doom Mods that are compatible with it. And there are people who play them daily. There is Friday Night Fragfests, where a Server is dedicated to a specific Doom Mod and Gamemode, and people gather at a specific time to play it. There's also Saturday Frag Fests, which is pretty much the same thing. Granted Doom Ports are not just "Download and Play", you are required to have your own Doom.wad or Doom2.wad. I can help ya get set up if you like. There is two other ports, Zdaemon, and Odamex. Though it seems those two have been somewhat quiet. Least I don't hang out in Zdaemon much anymore. Odamex is.. well, it has some neat ideas, but for whateva reason, nobody plays it online. 

So yea, just wondering if you all that own Doom would like to check it out. Here is a link to Zandronum, Here is a link to Zdaemon, and Here is a link to Odamex. Im pretty sure you can search youtube for videos of the port and doom mods. It's just that most die-hard fans pretty much stopped playing doom and went on to other games, but hey, doom is always fun to come back to. 

So... I assume nobody lies it as much as I? I mean... back when I found Skulltag and Zdaemon, it was going off like mad. Ofc, this was all back in 2006. Nowadays its kinda bleh... What with all the new games coming out and junk. But yea, there is still a ton of Doom Mods to keep ya busy. Most of which are like Total Conversions that pretty much make it like Shadow Warrior and such. It's pretty nice what they are able to do with Doom nowadays. Anyhow, was just wondering if anyone is into Doom as much as me.