The new Nvidia Geforce Experience is shit

Bow_In_Honor

The new Nvidia Geforce Experience is f***ing retarded. I don't want a social networking platform on my Driver/Game optimizing program. And

the shittiest part is you need to log in with one of your already existing social media accounts, or create an account through them. Desperate

attempt by Nvidia to access your information, and advertise their name. Suck a **** Nvidia.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/geforce-experience-beta-ui-update,32196.html

geforce-experience-header.png

Edited by Bow_In_Honor

When I´m searching for a new mouse or keyboard I instantly skip Razer products, just for this stupid login stuff. Where do companies keep getting those ideas? :stupid  :facepalm:

And that´s a good example why it´s not a good idea to keep updating all the software, too often it gets worse.

• Like 1

When I´m searching for a new mouse or keyboard I instantly skip Razer products, just for this stupid login stuff. Where do companies keep getting those ideas? :stupid  :facepalm:

And that´s a good example why it´s not a good idea to keep updating all the software, too often it gets worse.

Unfortunately it is my GPU, so I need to keep updating it.

Unfortunately it is my GPU, so I need to keep updating it.

Only when a new game comes out and crashes constantly on old drivers.  Other than that I don´t see a reason to patch a hotfix with a other hotfixed patch.

When i bought my razer mouse i opted not to use the software that came with the mouse. I know I'm missing out on some of the "cool" features of the mouse but companies that collect information to sell to 3rd parties are just lame.  As far as Nvidia goes, i make a point to read what games the update applies to. If the update doesn't apply to any of the games i play i just decline update.

Edited by theGooch

I don't mind the new GeForce... <_< It runs smoother... seems to have less problems... looks more crisp.. and the Shadow Play feature looks to be improved. ^.^ I use a lot of Razer stuff too.. because so far it has been really great for my uses. The log-in stuff is annoying.. but I don't pay much thought these days... because I have a throwaway email specifically for this stuff. xD A lot of companies and websites do this now.. especially PC components with warranties.. so it's good practice to have a spam email that you can use for annoying or unimportant stuff like that, to thwart attempts at collecting real personal info.

I wonder whats next?

DRM feature on CPU- you don´t log in, you cant use your CPU over 400MHZ speed? I get it that lot´s of applications need accounts in order to work(steam etc) but to restrict hardware usage based on account details is beyond stupidity.

theGooch, that´s how I deal with updates also, only update my AMD GPU drivers when some games really don´t work anymore. I´ve seen 0 improvement of FPS with driver updates.

Turned updates off in Start-up for AMD drivers and TVplay(some app that came with Raptr) and they still start updating. Total annoyance.

I wonder whats next?

DRM feature on CPU- you don´t log in, you cant use your CPU over 400MHZ speed? I get it that lot´s of applications need accounts in order to work(steam etc) but to restrict hardware usage based on account details is beyond stupidity.

Shhh..Let's not give them anymore awful ideas.. You never know if they are listening :ph34r:

theGooch, that´s how I deal with updates also, only update my AMD GPU drivers when some games really don´t work anymore. I´ve seen 0 improvement of FPS with driver updates.

Turned updates off in Start-up for AMD drivers and TVplay(some app that came with Raptr) and they still start updating. Total annoyance.

Yep- most of the updates that I've seen for my card are, quite frankly, underwhelming. Wow, that is an annoyance for sure.  I'd think that all updates would need to be reviewed and installed at the users discretion.

Edited by theGooch