Kukri/Khukri Knives!

Antichrist

Since my girlfriend's grandfather died, she's been collecting knives more than before, since he left so many to her.

To add to her collection, I'm giving her these two ORIGINAL Khukri.

post-4795-0-61572500-1368827396_thumb.jpg

post-4795-0-54697300-1368827413_thumb.jpg

The bottom khukri Is from WWII (1940's) And has no markings, so I'm unsure of the history. The original leather over wood scabbard is beautiful.

The top khukri is from the 1800's. Over 100 years old :D I don't know much about it's history except there is an inscription on the blade as shown below, and supposedly tells the date of manufacture. (Forgive the pictures if it's upside down/sideways :( as I'm unsure how to read this text)

post-4795-0-31752700-1368827435_thumb.jpg

Rotated 180 degrees:

post-4795-0-96789100-1368830013_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

If I'm any judge (I'm not) I'm thinking the writing is from the handle down the blade :)

EDIT: Rotate the the blade 180 degrees clockwise

Edited by Heretic121
  • Like 1

Yes, I read most of the Khukri have a Nepal origin :)

I bought them here:

http://www.ima-usa.com They have some amazing originals, and some reproductions also.

Direct links to these Khukri:

http://www.ima-usa.com/kukri-bhojpure-gurkha-fighting-knife-w-soft-leather-scabbard-unmarked.html

http://www.ima-usa.com/kukri-long-leaf-gurkha-fighting-knife-without-scabbard-victorian-era.html

• Like 1

Damn they pretty expensive

They're HUGE. You see my mouse pad under them.... That isn't a tiny normal mouse pad. That's the biggest steel series mousepad made.... And the khukri is bigger :D

They're HUGE. You see my mouse pad under them.... That isn't a tiny normal mouse pad. That's the biggest steel series mousepad made.... And the khukri is bigger :D

Awesome, i cant buy anything since i live outer USA. But checked out the site and cool products

• Like 1

Awesome, i cant buy anything since i live outer USA. But checked out the site and cool products

They ship internationally according to shipping info on the Khukris :D

These knives were built to last. The spine is very thick. About 4x thicker than a normal Machete, or big kitchen knife.

And VERY heavy. I couldn't imagine using this knife all day as a tool to clear trees, chop wood, slaughter animals for food etc... This was the daily tool for everyone, and soldiers carried it also.

I love it. I'm probably going to have to buy some for me also lol.

if you're leaving nearby, i could have given you a "balisong" aka butterfly/fan knife...my hometown is well-known for it. 

Ah nice! But I also have one of those in the american version :)

They ship internationally according to shipping info on the Khukris :D

These knives were built to last. The spine is very thick. About 4x thicker than a normal Machete, or big kitchen knife.

And VERY heavy. I couldn't imagine using this knife all day as a tool to clear trees, chop wood, slaughter animals for food etc... This was the daily tool for everyone, and soldiers carried it also.

I love it. I'm probably going to have to buy some for me also lol.

Ah nice! But I also have one of those in the american version :)

i believe the original version is from my place XD

Really cool knives! Nice to know there is a website selling these if I decide to get me one, and I think 100$ for an original fighting knife over 100 years old is a bargain :)

• Like 1