Mobile apps- not phones (iPod)

Midnight

So here is the start to a new thread.

There are many apps out there that can be used both on mobile phones (iPhone or Android) and mobile devices(iPod). However there are many apps as well that cannot be used for iPod's that can be used for mobile smartphones. Therefore this thread is used to discuss app's for iPods, ratings of them, recommendations etc.

We are paying for the apps (except the free ones, but even those you want reviews on). So let's be cost-effective and help each other out.

The first app I am going to talk about is the first-person shooter game "Clear Vision." I think originally this game was developed for PC's on internet gaming sites like Miniclip.com. It's basically a young man who quits his job and snipes people, or hired kill. There is a short storyline that goes with it.

Review: The game was incredibly short, with two phases. The first phase had about 25-30 jobs and the second about 5. The story never finishes and the game doesn't challenge the player. It is simple, targeting position is sketchy because you have to use your finger and some jobs aren't evenint sniping. For instance one job requires you to call a number to watch a car "blow up." There is a boxing ring that you can visit and bet, but you win everytime because the winners alternate. Basically a pattern. I like that you can buy 5 types of sniper guns and choose which one you want to use, but that's pretty much it.

The game was only .99 but that's now .99 I have less on my iTunes credit. Hope to see some other posts and get this thread rolling.

:thanks

All iOS apps can be used on all iOS devices (except the few ones marked as iPad only). There are no apps I know which can be used with iPhones only i.e. which does require a mobile network.

You might want to link the the apps you're reviewing. (Right-click on the app name in the App Store and select "Copy Link")

I have run into a good number (none of which I remember, because I did not buy them) and not only because of the difference between IOS phone and iPod, but because they were not compatible with the older generations of iPod touch (which is what I have). Plus this forum is not only to call out those apps, but talk about apps in general and why or why not someone should buy them. It's your money, so you want to make sure you are using it wisely (unless of course you (not you personally) are a millionaire or have a money tree in the back yard).

Well, that's a different story, but as long as your device is on the current version of iOS or even iOS 4 (up to 2nd Gen. iPod Touch or iPhone 3G), there is no problem.

But please let me know about the apps when you remember them. Because I've never seen one and considering the difference is the missing GPS and phone chip of the iPod Touch it doesn't seem too logical unless we are talking about navigation software.

Apps that require 3d do not work with the older generation iPods (example following). I know that my father has the most recent iPod touch with the camera and he is able to use the 3d apps. He likes the brain, as he is a psychiatrist and therefore he got a 3d app that allows you to pick apart the brain, learn its functions, etc. I am a physical anthropologist so I wanted an app that would show the anatomy of the body and the skeleton included. It was a 3d app, but i was unable to use it because it was not compatible with the older generations of the iPod touch. That's just one example, but I will compile a list when I feel that I have a substantial number to make a post about. Therefore I do not spam the thread with several apps here and there.