• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

What's in a name?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Novice

Novice

L7: Teacher

• Co-Leader
  • 1,318 posts
Has a brilliant future
  • EvolveHQ:novice123
  • Admin:19
  • Server:Hardcore ET
  • Alias:#ender
  • T-M:ET: 4-3
Hmm, I have had several names through out my years of et been playing for about 5 years on and off, often leaving for 6-9 months at a time due to work and personal life.

=*=|CELEBRO Was my first ET handle I am of latin origin and really meant to have CEREBRO like from the X-MEN but guess I spelled it wrong since it sounds like an L when you say it in Spanish :D the =*= was supposed to represent my country Puerto Rico, I stuck with this for a very long time, until one day playing around me and another friend scrimmed 2v2 (think it was on a jaymod server) and I used the name Puta* which means b***/Whore in Spanish, and I stuck with that name for a few years as well, until I joined the Bloodbucket and switched my name to jACk (this is why you see everyone calling me Jack, or Jackie and not Novice) I choose this name because I am the biggest fan of the show 24 and Jack Bauer (Seriously I have the DVDS, Seen every single episode for every season). I used this for a while as well, until Bloodbucket shutdown and the members started dispersing more, I stopped playing at this point for about 8-9 months, would only hop on once in a blue for a quick game, I ended up loosing a lot of skills, and upon returning kept getting owned so I decided to change my name at that point to Novice :D and have been using it for a little over a year now, and plan to stick with this for the remainder of my ET days :D plus the name throws of some players in battle :D

Kinda long introduction for the name hehe.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!

Karpetovetonico

Karpetovetonico

L3: Novice

• User
  • 50 posts
Unknown at this point
  • Admin:8
  • Server:None
I choose my nick 1 or 2 years ago. There's a word in spanish that i like a lot, "carpetovetónico", but i like the letter K in my nicks (always use it: Karto, K4RK4M4L, K4), so i got the nick.

Karto, first one, was random.

Mi second nick K4RK4M4L, it's the word "carcamal" in spanish; old or decrepit person, in english. And how i started to play at 38-39 yo, was perfect.

K4 was a fail writing the previous nick in one of the re-installations of ET, but i liked.

And "carpetovetónico" means too something archaic, old of date. So it was the last one.

But recently, i look for the dictionary meaning, and it's: "Belonging or related to Carpetanos and Vetones". Carpetanos and Vetones were two ancient tribes on Spain, that were localized on the center of the country, were i was born :D .
So, did i really choose my nick? or it was destiny. :lol: :lol:

And now I :wub: my nick.

Edited by Karpetovetonico, 29 April 2011 - 12:23 AM.

JohnWayne

JohnWayne

L4: Apprentice

• Regular User
  • 500 posts
A step in the right direction
  • Admin:3
some of my favorite names I have seen include

Tubes, No Head, and Toilet Poo

Posted Image

GotOwned?

GotOwned?

• ET Member
  • 285 posts
A step in the right direction
I got my name from this:
Posted Image
awesome I know.

AngelHc

AngelHc

• User
  • 225 posts
Unknown at this point
  • Admin:8
LOL

----------------

----------------

• User
  • 98 posts
Unknown at this point
  • Admin:0
I am a lone cursor in the wast ocean of the internet, got the idea when i was playing on the server, if you see it anywhere else it's not related. I have a secret unexplained relationship to/with FRIDAY, albeit its completely coincidental.

Edited by Robinson_Curseur, 10 May 2011 - 02:01 AM.

Keith Stone

Keith Stone

L2: Beginner

• User
  • 36 posts
Unknown at this point
doh.

Edited by Keith Stone, 10 May 2011 - 04:08 AM.

Keith Stone

Keith Stone

L2: Beginner

• User
  • 36 posts
Unknown at this point

fun song to listen to whilst owning with a shottie. :P

Keith Stone came from the commercials. I thought..."Now that is a bad ass name for COD4, woot! Getting owned by Keith Stone!"

it makes me chuckle anyway :P

Edited by Keith Stone, 10 May 2011 - 04:08 AM.

GraveDigger

GraveDigger

L8: Grand Teacher

• Inactive Member
  • 1,740 posts
Will become famous
  • Admin:16
  • Server:Hardcore ET
  • Alias:StinkyPinky
  • Steam ID:96confused

Donator

Contributor
I am a big fan of Willie Nelson.

p.s. the monster truck is pretty cool also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users