Don't want Windows 10? How to remove the update icon from your task bar and block it.

Money Shot

I tried windows 10 and it sucked. I'm sticking with W7 pro 64bit for now. 

But how to get rid of that annoying W10 Update task bar icon?

Just download and run:  I don't want windows 10 here:

https://github.com/rn10950/I-Dont-Want-Windows-10/releases/

i-dont-want-windows-10.jpg

After you get the update and icon removed you need to keep it from downloading and installing itself again.

To do this, make sure your windows update is not set to automatically download and install updates.

After you run the program and delete the offending update, run windows update again.

Under optional software you will see update: KB:3035583. R-click it and set to hide this update

Now it shouldn't bother you anymore.

M$

• Like 1

This is the way to do it, but people should also be aware Microsoft reissued the update a few times.

Even though it is the same update, with the same name, a reissued update will reappear in the list even if you have hidden it previously so you still have to keep an eye out for it still.

It also is not always listed as optional, sometimes it is recommended or even important so keep that in mind as well.

Edited by SadElf

This is the way to do it, but people should also be aware Microsoft reissued the update a few times.

Even though it is the same update, with the same name, a reissued update will reappear in the list even if you have hidden it previously so you still have to keep an eye out for it still.

It also is not always listed as optional, sometimes it is recommended or even important so keep that in mind as well.

Yes, very true. Pesky little bugger it is.....