Emperor | Conn Iggulden

Castiel**

Hey everyone.

Emperor is an internationally acclaimed historical novel series by British author Conn Iggulden about the life of Roman statesman and general Gaius Julius Caesar. The series spans four novels and was released between 2003 and 2005. They are as follows:

• The Gates of Rome - released 2003
  • The Death of Kings - released early 2004
  • The Field of Swords - released late 2004
  • The Gods of War - released 2005

The series has been very well acclaimed by critics but also commented that Iggulden sometimes changes historical facts to make a more thrilling tale. He adds notes in every novel to explain reasons why. This most notably is the main plot, featuring Caesar and Brutus growing up as childhood friends and aged the same (Brutus was in reality 15 years younger than Caesar and sometimes considered his son, though unlikely). This gives the series some complex similar to the famous movie 1900 (movie) of two boys, growing up together though with different destinies and what divides them as they get older and older (in this case, culminating with the Ides of March).

Apart from Caesar and Brutus, historical characters include: Gaius Marius, Cornelius Sulla, Mithridates VI of Pontus, Cinna, Cornelia Cinna, Pompey, Crassus, Cato the Younger, Spartacus, Crixus, Brutus' mother Servilia Caepionis, Octavian and his mother Atia, Titus Annius Milo, Publius Clodius Pulcher, Vercingetorix, Marcus Calpurnius Bibulus, Lucius Sergius Catilina, Mark Antony, and Cleopatra VII of Egypt, who gives Caesar a son.

The book series is being adapted into a movie trilogy to be directed by Burr Steers. The first movie of the trilogy, Emperor: Young Caesar will be based upon the first two books.

Wiki

Here is a wiki about the author and his other books of the same type.

I absolutely love to read novels all types. I recently became a member of a nearby library. This series, caught my eye, out of many. I really loved these books. Finished the first two books in 2 weeks and I am now on the 3rd one. Its full of action, thrill etc etc. You will really enjoy this one ;). I really recommend this book to everyone who wants to read.

Anyone read it by the way?

~Cass!