I Need HELP With Recorded Files On Mac :(

hUnI

I have tried everything possible and i have no clue where are the recorded files. I purchased the game on apple store and on the COD file i don't have any Demo file. I even try to create the Demo file but no success. Any advice because this thing is driving me crazy !!!! I use a MacBook Pro 2.7ghz, intel core I7, 2012. Thank you

I've somewhat fixed this issue before. Follow along with the tutorial. The only change I had to make (I believe) was in the pathway to the files. I believe that the files are stored under /Users/Shared/Library/"Application Support"/"Call of Duty 4"/main/demos. The tutorial lists it as a username, not the shared user.

What I would do is right click the folder "demos" and make an alias to put somewhere easily accessible. The only problem I ran into was that when I tried to Launch ModWarfare, it didn't come up I couldn't find a folder for it anywhere on the computer. I don't know if it existed in the first place, so I don't know if you'll be able to view them.

So, with that you should be able to access them (unless I'm forgetting something), but you won't be able to view them, unless yours works differently than the one I did.

Edited by Lulu

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya Lulu,

I found the same problems on my mac too. Apparently it CAN be done but you have to jump through several hoops. That tutorial is very helpful.

I wonder if the use of "folder aliases" in the MAC OS is an easier way to find and transfer the dm files where they need to be.

Hiya Lulu,

I found the same problems on my mac too. Apparently it CAN be done but you have to jump through several hoops. That tutorial is very helpful.

I wonder if the use of "folder aliases" in the MAC OS is an easier way to find and transfer the dm files where they need to be.

The "Tips" section shows how to create a symbolic link or what one could consider a "folder alias" in order to avoid copying the files to view them.

The "Tips" section shows how to create a symbolic link or what one could consider a "folder alias" in order to avoid copying the files to view them.

Hi K, the "symbolic link" is not the same as a "folder alias" on the mac OS. You can create a folder alias by just selecting the folder and hitting "Command + L", with no need to get involved with the Terminal commands. Much easier in my opinion ;)

Hi K, the "symbolic link" is not the same as a "folder alias" on the mac OS. You can create a folder alias by just selecting the folder and hitting "Command + L", with no need to get involved with the Terminal commands. Much easier in my opinion ;)

In the background it's still a symbolic link and still executes the same commands. You just don't see them when using your shortcuts or the menu.

All I ended up doing on this one was making an alias of the demos folder and putting it on the desktop of the computer for easy access. I would have put them in the ModWarfare area as the tutorial listed, however such a folder did not exist. Any idea why?

Hi Lulu, I think the default is that the folder (demos) does not exist in the Mod folder. The tutorial mentions this, and all you need to do is create a new folder and name it "demo" inside of the "Modwarfare" folder. What I did next is make another alias of this folder, moved it to my desktop, then renamed it to something like "MOVE COD demos to this folder to play". I still have the first alias folder and named that simply "COD Alias demos" - which is where the original record file is saved. So now you just open both folders on the desktop, then copy the saved file into the destination folder and your good to go. (It's easier than what It looks like in this message).

Hope that helps.

PS> You still have to read the tutorial to get the demo to play. There's another hoop to jump through to get to that point. ;)

• Like 1

Hi Lulu, I think the default is that the folder (demos) does not exist in the Mod folder. The tutorial mentions this, and all you need to do is create a new folder and name it "demo" inside of the "Modwarfare" folder. What I did next is make another alias of this folder, moved it to my desktop, then renamed it to something like "MOVE COD demos to this folder to play". I still have the first alias folder and named that simply "COD Alias demos" - which is where the original record file is saved. So now you just open both folders on the desktop, then copy the saved file into the destination folder and your good to go. (It's easier than what It looks like in this message).

Hope that helps.

PS> You still have to read the tutorial to get the demo to play. There's another hoop to jump through to get to that point. ;)

If you follow the instructions in the "Tips" section, you won't need to copy your recorded demos in order to view them. Which would only leave you with one possible alias in case you need to view demos recorded by someone else.