Creating a vsay .pk3 - Enemy Territory

Saizou

Thanks for the tutorial. I was watching the movie "Bad Santa" and I wanted to make a vsay pack for the movie. I have Bad Santa on a DVD and I know I could rip it to an avi or the VOB files, and then to wav files form there, but I didn't want to go through all that hassle. So I looked and found some sound clips here:

http://www.moviewavs.com/Movies/Bad_Santa.html

Unfortunately, they are at the wrong sampling rates (44100 most of them). And when I change the sampling rate in Wavosaur they play too fast.

How can you lower the sampling rate to 16000 without messing them up? Is there a trick?

I don't know why is it happening as there was no such effect. I also tried downloading couple of the .wavs (suckedmore, celebrate, fragglestickcar) from the site and they were all at 11025 Hz sampling rate, when I resampled them to 16000 they didn't speed up or play any faster, and clips are the exact same duration. Can you post those few sped up results here?

I don't know why is it happening as there was no such effect. I also tried downloading couple of the .wavs (suckedmore, celebrate, fragglestickcar) from the site and they were all at 11025 Hz sampling rate, when I resampled them to 16000 they didn't speed up or play any faster, and clips are the exact same duration. Can you post those few sped up results here?

I opened suckmore.wav, and tried to convert it on the Wavosaur menu, and it looked like this when I opened Options/Audio Configuration

245dfv5.jpg

But when I right click on the actual file on my computer, you are right it says 11025 Hz sampling rate.

Now I see what's the issue: if you mess with Audio configuration that's the configuration of your playback devices you are changing, not the file itself.

To change the sampling rate you should go to Process->Resample and you should get this menu (with probably different values):

post-1421-0-09014100-1299862026_thumb.jpg

Change the values to ones that you need, click Ok and it's done.

I really ought to fix the tutorial and remove all the confusing stuff sometime soon.