Movember 2019

notellenPage

Hello there, November started but I haven't seen anyone talking about Movember. Here in Poland awareness of men's deceases(mental or health) is really, really poor, a lot of men die every year because of depression or cancers and no one is bothered by it, 'cause you're man, you have to be strong, being sick is for women' and the rest of that blablabla trash - I don't want to show you the statistics because that's not the point, it's my private opinion based on my observations. But there's a lot of worldwide movements, if I can call them like that, like MGTOW or Movember and they are coming to Poland, which makes me really happy. Basically Movember is about growing moustache on the first page. But on the second page is about  raising "awareness of men's health issues, such as prostate cancer, testicular cancer and men's suicide. The Movember Foundation runs the Movember charity event, housed at Movember.com. The goal of Movember is to "change the face of men's health"."(quote from Wikipedia). The rest of it you can read on wikipedia below. Also I'm adding few videos made by Movember Foundation.

Remember guys, it's not only for men. It's for all of us, for every single part of our families, for our friends, children, parents, grandparents - we have to take this issue in our hands and try to solve the problem, make people aware that men are humans.

I know I should've posted that before November started but maybe we could make a contest who will get the best moustache at the end of November wins a prize(a mo-prize :D)? What do you think? I'd like to call everyone from this forum, even if they aren't interested in growing moustache or doesn't feel good at reading some Polish guy's topic, just to let them know that Movember exist and it's growing, and before of all - it is necessary.

wiki:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movember

few videos from Movember's account on Youtube:

And, our favourite moustache owner, Ron Swanson:

I'm sorry for my primitive English, it's not my first language so if I have made a mistake - let me know and I'll try edit it or explain in other words.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1