!Prob with Win 7 USB Installation!

FinZeroX

wrong

wrong and

wrong !

do some googling !

I'm sorry pal but go and search Google yourself. I've read tons of tutorials and learned a lot about Windows7 and done those thing myself.

Please don't tell me that I'm wrong if you don't know about things :)

And sorry again, I'm having a bad day...

What the hell are you talking about? I've had several USB flashdrives formatted NTFS... And I'm afraid you won't get a NTFS flashdrive running when you're trying to install Vista/7 with it. Oh, and changing .ini files? Have you ever installed Windows that way?

umm yes ?

http://www.ngine.de/article/id/8

ur knowledge is seriously lacking !

Hey man, rememb that were talking about Windows 7 which isn't a I368 folder. Windows installation has different source files than XP and you don't have to modify any of them like in XP.

Damn you Krauer, always 1 step ahead XD

I think it's because I have a old AsRock MoBo which doesn't support some things.

Closed SerialKeys service from msconfig and trying to run the install throught XP :)

you guys are killing me !!

i didnt knew i had to baby sit

so lets see -- if you install win 7 on hard drive then u can usb as cache memory for faster executions of programs

now if you use ur usb as primary installation then when r u gonna cache your data for faster performance ? on hard drive ?

for that u have to modity couple of ini's on windows 7 disk which wil allow u to cache it on second usb drive.

now dont tell me that u don twant to cache data

if thats the case then you are not using all features of win 7

u might as well revert back to xp !

We're now talking about the install.

The USB boot install worked on my friends PC so it's due to my MoBo.

The Windows 7 installation works just perfectly!

Thanks, guys

you guys are killing me !!

i didnt knew i had to baby sit

so lets see -- if you install win 7 on hard drive then u can usb as cache memory for faster executions of programs

now if you use ur usb as primary installation then when r u gonna cache your data for faster performance ? on hard drive ?

for that u have to modity couple of ini's on windows 7 disk which wil allow u to cache it on second usb drive.

now dont tell me that u don twant to cache data

if thats the case then you are not using all features of win 7

u might as well revert back to xp !

Babysitting? Sure, just come over here. We could talk about splitting the price for the flight but I'm afraid board and lodging are up to you.

In case you still haven't noticed the fact that we are talking about using a ordinary USB flashdrive as installation source to set up a PC with Windows, I'll repeat it for you: It's about installing Windows using a flashdrive, not installing it onto a flashdrive.

If you are still knowing it better than various Technet articles, you should really consider joining Microsoft. I'm sure they'll find a good place for you in their team. You're a genius.

If you are still knowing it better than various Technet articles, you should really consider joining Microsoft. I'm sure they'll find a good place for you in their team. You're a genius.

i kow

i am already at a better place ! :yahoo