The Onslaught Continues, #1: What is Onslaught Mode?

Fearless News

Onslaught_5F00_Nelson_5F00_Bay_5F00_1.pn

First off, thanks to all of you for giving me such a warm welcome into the community. I have already had a chance to play Bad Company 2 with a few new friends this weekend, which was good fun. Next time, I will make sure to find my headset for maximum teamplay.

Today, I will begin an in-depth look at our DLC Onslaught Mode (for X360 and PS3). This first part in my new blog series will cover the basics of this new game mode.

So what is Onslaught? Here is the trick: it can be different things for different people. It tasks 1-4 of you to brave forwards and conquer a number of bases (much like in Conquest Mode) on four maps. Once you have taken all bases on a map, your time will be posted to the Onslaught specific leaderboards.

The enemies are A.I. controlled, and the difficulty can be set to Easy. This means that Onslaught Mode can be a relatively stress-free (and I use the term "stress-free" rather loosely) way of learning the ropes. If you or any of your friends are newcomers to the game or the genre, teaming up in Onslaught Mode is a good way of experimenting with the different classes and their special abilities, easing into the frantic multiplayer mode.

For the experienced players, the challenge lies in clearing the maps as quickly as possible. Also, specific achievements/trophies for clearing the maps on Hardcore difficulty means there is a sweet reason to accept this very tough challenge.

In the days to come, I will give you specific tips on each of the four Onslaught maps. Stay tuned. In the meantime, remember to keep your squad tight.

Fridens liljor,
Tommy "H Brun"

P.S.
Almost forgot to link to a nice piece on Onslaught Mode by Mitch Dyer over on Bitsmob. Excellent stuff.

P.P.S.
Onslaught Q+A below.

Q: Do I level up?
A: No. It would be too easy to boost your stats playing Onslaught Mode on Easy.

Q: How many players is it for?
A: 1-4. You will probably not have much luck playing it solo, though (challenge accepted, anyone?).

Q: How difficult is it?
A: There are four difficulties ranging from Easy to Hardcore. Easy is pretty relaxed, considering an entire army is out to get you. Hardcore setting is only recommended for four seasoned veterans.

aggbug.aspx?PostID=29390

View the full article