New Player on the Battlefield!

Fearless News

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen!

I'm happy to announce we have a new player on the Battlefield. His name is Tommy (Gamertag: H Brun), and is the new Jr Product Manager at DICE.  Some of you may recognize him from magazines like PC Gamer, Super PLAY and Svenska Dagbladet here in Sweden. Tommy will be joining me here on the Battlefield blog to share our gaming experiences and let you know what is happening at DICE. I'll let him take it from here: 

Tommy.jpg

"This is an intriguing turn of events! Having been a professional games journalist for the past 15 years, I now find myself working with the same people whose products I used to review. Looking back, I realize I have had the privilege of seeing DICE grow from its humble beginnings to where they are today.

First asa gamer, playing and falling in love with Pinball Dreams and Benefactoron my Amiga. Later as a journalist, where I literally had the opportunity to watch Battlefieldtake form. I remember visiting the small studio Refraction Games in Stockholmin 1998 (or perhaps 1999). They gave me a tech demo driving a tank up adecidedly low-poly hill. It was early days, but the demo still left me with asense of awe and excitement. That tech would later turn into Codename Eagle,the spiritual predecessor to everything Battlefield.

A fewyears later, working for PC Gamer, I stood at Patrick Söderlund's desk in theDICE Gothenburg office. He was maneuvering a Spitfire over a small Pacificisland (probably an early version of Wake Island) bathed in golden sunlight. Ihad just seen a glimpse of the very first true Battlefield game. Today,that series is synonymous with DICE -- and I am a small but very proud part of that company.

Little amazing things happen all the time at work. Yesterday, this very nice gentlemantaught me how to make a mean espresso with the company coffee maker. That manwas none other than Lars Gustavsson, one of the main people behind CodenameEagle. I am living a boy's dream, and sometimes I have to pinch myself tomake sure I am awake.

Whendone pinching, I usually retreat to my condo on the outskirts of Stockholm fora bit of evening gaming. I have this fixed idea that I need to conquer all fourmaps in Onslaught Mode on hardcore, so if you are up for that, give me a ping.I am looking forward to hearing from you, and I will talk to you again soon.Until then, keep your squad tight."

Fridens liljor,
Tommy "H Brun"

aggbug.aspx?PostID=29272

View the full article