Community Wednesday #8

Fearless News

Youknow how we had a Twitter competition last week?

Well,player "hotspot" won the rare signed BF 1942 t-shirt. This week howeverI'm doing the same thing. I'm giving away a rare BF2 compass. This goes greatwith anyone who played BF2 and it's a nice piece of merchandise made to a highquality.

Now,the rules changed a bit so these are the new ones.

1. Follow OfficialBFBC2 on Twitter

2.Follow instructions on the OfficialBFBC2 Twitter account. http://twitter.com/OfficialBFBC2

3. TheInstructions will appear at 10:00 CET on Thursday the 12th of August.

4. TheTwitter give-away stretches from Thursday 12th of August 10:00 CET to Friday10:00 CET.

This twitter exclusive competition is open for everyone and winners will berandomly selected out of all retweets. The higher your veteran status , thehigher your chance of winning some cool apparel. This give-away will keep on goinguntil I run out of stock and that won't happen in a while so I suggest youbrush up your veteran statuses and get a chance to win some awesome stuff. Thereason why this has been changed to a 24-hour giveaway is that everyone fromaround the world should have a chance to win this :).

BF2-Compass.png

CommunityPressroom

For all you news posters and news hunters out there, there is a newCommunity Pressroom available. This helps all the news posters get their informationverified as official and will keep more members up to date on things going onin the community.

So headon over here to check it out: http://groups.google.com/group/community-pressroom

BF2 NationsCup!             

Want to wear that country-tag? Get your game on andsign up on the Nations Cup page at ESL. http://www.esl.eu/eu/bf2/news/131468/

Now, sinceI love eSports and am sure that this is going to be a great tournament, I havea small proposition for the teams making it to the finals. How about playingthe final at the DICE office, streamed live and having a winner’s party afterthat?

Frequentlyasked questions

So, thereare a lot of questions going around the Community I'm going to list a fewanswers to your questions here. The top 3 asked questions of this week are:

How comeSPECACT hasn't been made available for PC?

SPECACT was causing issues with the last update so we made the decisionto roll back the SPECACT changes so we could release important crash fixes andother features. SPECACT is still planned for release on PC.

Are new maps coming for BFBC2 in the future?

Vietnam will bring more maps to BC2. Map Pack 6 is due for release nextweek. There will be more information on the maps coming for Vietnam the closerwe get to a release date.

What is the status of BF 1943? It was released on consoles, but is itcoming to PC?

We have no new information at this point. When we do, we will be happyto share it with the Community.

If you have any questions regarding Community News or Battlefield, feel free to contact me on www.twitter.com/zh1nt0

aggbug.aspx?PostID=29178

View the full article