Saving Energy

crowddewberry

I have a small shop and I can say it's doing just okay. I'm finding ways to save energy of course to save money and I have done everything from metering our consumption, changing our insulation and replacing ineffective tools. I wonder if there is a way or tool that can help us manage our energy consumption, actually I have heard of this but I'm not sure if it's a software or an actual device. Does anyone here knows about this?

I think it's most common sense. Lots of info is on the internet how to reduce the costs. I recently bought an appartment with my GF and now we have to pay for electricity and water so ofc you think of it now. As a start we've replaced lightbulbs to LED/powersaving ones. Little more expensive than halogen but worth it in the long term. 

Your energy supplier, maybe there's a cheaper one that would save you money each month? 

Just made a quick search not sure if this is what you're after but give it a go. 

https://www.ase.org/resources/top-10-energy-efficiency-smartphone-apps

LED can cause discomfort depending on the power supplies frequency, too low and it could induce headache like LED monitors with PWM. Worth to look into...

Yup I read too that it can cause irreparable damage to the retina of the eye..

I think it's most common sense. Lots of info is on the internet how to reduce the costs. I recently bought an appartment with my GF and now we have to pay for electricity and water so ofc you think of it now. As a start we've replaced lightbulbs to LED/powersaving ones. Little more expensive than halogen but worth it in the long term. 

Your energy supplier, maybe there's a cheaper one that would save you money each month? 

Just made a quick search not sure if this is what you're after but give it a go. 

https://www.ase.org/resources/top-10-energy-efficiency-smartphone-apps

I think what we need is something more effective and something that could work in an actual business office or store.. In our case, the green saving tips do not suffice, I heard that there are software solutions such as a continuous monitoring and management solution that can help reduce our energy consumption and lower our utility bills.

well so after reading articles online..our PCs monitors,tablets,LED lighting and breaking the day/night cycle our bodies are supposed to be atune to is causing physical and psychological problems..put that together with polution and microwave emiting devices everywhere it is assured life expectancy and quality of life will be affected..not a whole lot we can do to escape this..manufacturing needs to find ways to cancel blue light in LEDs ..until then...?

you can try to run high energy usage items during non peak useage hours if possible..doing washes,runing dryers..cooking food at off peak,rewarming the food during peak, also if is a business ..air curtains..blowers that blow when outside doors opened for a second to stop hot air coming in..a few good ideas..I cook with a countertop oven outside on a table to stop heating up the house in summer and cook inside in the winter..timers on hot water heaters..wrapping heaters and pipes

Edited by Raskin