PigNewton

What the hell is Dudeism???

Dudeism is the philosophy of taking it easy and abiding. Meaning: Truly relax and forget the small stuff. And it is all small stuff.

This particular philosophy/religion stems from the movie "The Big Lebowski". Probably the funniest movie I have ever seen personally speaking. The main character, Dude, is known for chiling out, bowling and smoking a jay every now and now and again.  . . .  and again. He lets very little get to him and is totally detached from social status anxiety. He is who he is and that's perfectly ok. He's a pacifist and has a feeling of oneness to life. He leisures in the tub, listening to whale sounds while . . . yep you guessed it. . . . smoking Mary-Jane. His meditates to The Grateful Dead and emerses himself in the totality of bowling.

So what?

Have you ever had a near death experience? Right before death, we think about many things. What we DON'T think about is: Rent, Job, Status, Money or age.

What we do think about is: Family, Having lived a loving life, Surrendering to the moment, feeling "ok" with dying. In other words, we radically accept (abide) life and see it's beauty.

I would like to discuss how you abide (accept the totality of life) and keep it in perspective. If you died tomorrow, would you be satisfied with how you've loved those closest to you? Or would you feel bummed for not telling them "i love you" as much as you could?

If I spontaneously kicked the bucket tomorrow, there are a few aspects of my life that would create some anxiety in regards to me not being able to do anything about them in the moment, but for the most part 

I would be at terms with it. Dreams, ambitions, current social status, being a good person to my family/loved ones are some things that would come to mind; but I feel like I would easily be able to "abide" in their wake.

The Panda abides.

• Like 1