Chess?

Exorcist

• 2 weeks later...

Chess is badass bro. I love it. What's your rating? I was able to get up to about 1900 with constant studying and practice. There came a point which I'm sure many can relate to. It goes like this:

1. You study your ass off with had tactics.
 2. You get really good and start wiping the floor with everyone
 3. One day you lose a game to a stupid tactic you didn't see
 4. You start losing CONSISTENTLY to people much lower rated than you
 5. You flip the table over and start drinking, trying to figure out where it all went wrong.

• Like 2

Chess is badass bro. I love it. What's your rating? I was able to get up to about 1900 with constant studying and practice. There came a point which I'm sure many can relate to. It goes like this:

1. You study your ass off with had tactics.

2. You get really good and start wiping the floor with everyone

3. One day you lose a game to a stupid tactic you didn't see

4. You start losing CONSISTENTLY to people much lower rated than you

5. You flip the table over and start drinking, trying to figure out where it all went wrong.

1900 Elo? Dang man, that's a fairly serious rating for not being a pro player. Kudos :)

• Like 3

Thanks bro. Yeah tough stuff. Mikhail Tal and Alekhine games do the trick for me lol

YES! It's all too much, lol. Fischer vs. Tal, it hurts my brain.

• Like 1

YES! It's all too much, lol. Fischer vs. Tal, it hurts my brain.

Yeah man! Crazy stuff. I have Tal's "Attack with Mikhail Tal"     It gives me a head hurt every time. But the principles are solid. Lines of communication, attack specific pawn structures, turning and advantage into a win etc.

But man. . . . . a lot of hours I put into chess. I looked at the evolution of chess style which really helped me understand the game. If you look at Nimzovich and then look at Reti, Alekhine and Capablanca, you'll definitely understand chess deeper. I mean "you" generally not specifically. Not idea what your understanding is lol

• Like 1

Yeah man! Crazy stuff. I have Tal's "Attack with Mikhail Tal"     It gives me a head hurt every time. But the principles are solid. Lines of communication, attack specific pawn structures, turning and advantage into a win etc.

But man. . . . . a lot of hours I put into chess. I looked at the evolution of chess style which really helped me understand the game. If you look at Nimzovich and then look at Reti, Alekhine and Capablanca, you'll definitely understand chess deeper. I mean "you" generally not specifically. Not idea what your understanding is lol

I'm hip to informal you. :D I have only a vast appreciation anymore; haven't played seriously in 20 years or so. My dad was rated 1650, so I grew up playing a lot of solid chess, but I've never studied anything more than basic concepts and openings. I have a friend who is rated 2300-something, and he lets me play him for amusement, I suppose. :D He used to play in national tournaments and such. He explains my mistakes to me well, so I guess that I'm learning lol. 

• Like 1

I'm hip to informal you. :D I have only a vast appreciation anymore; haven't played seriously in 20 years or so. My dad was rated 1650, so I grew up playing a lot of solid chess, but I've never studied anything more than basic concepts and openings. I have a friend who is rated 2300-something, and he lets me play him for amusement, I suppose. :D He used to play in national tournaments and such. He explains my mistakes to me well, so I guess that I'm learning lol. 

We should play sometime! Do you have an account anywhere? I have on on chess.com.    Pretty ok site. :)

• Like 1

We should play sometime! Do you have an account anywhere? I have on on chess.com.    Pretty ok site. :)

Ha! I'd definitely have to sharpen the stick for that lol. 1900 is steep! I'd be more like a 900 player these days... lol. &No, I've never played chess online at all, but I will check that out.

Ha! I'd definitely have to sharpen the stick for that lol. 1900 is steep! I'd be more like a 900 player these days... lol. &No, I've never played chess online at all, but I will check that out.

Our sticks may be more or less equally dull lol. I'm getting crushed by 1200 players these days. It hurts less than I thought it would though, lol

• Like 1

• 1 month later...