Pokémon Will Finally Come To The iPad, As A Virtual Card Game

Antimony

pokemon-ipad.jpg?w=738

Polygon first reported the news of the game’s arrival on iOS, which was leaked originally by Pokémaniac Josh Wittenkeller on Twitter. The blog confirmed with The Pokémon Company that the leak was indeed legit and that the game was coming to iPad, but didn’t provide any solid info on when it would arrive.

The Pokémon Trading Card Game is already available on Windows PC and Mac, so bringing it to mobile devices isn’t a huge leap, but this is the first time we’ve seen an actual, proper Pokémon game (not the Pokédex app, which is a cruel tease) make it to an Apple portable device, so it’s understandably making waves in the community of adult professional tech journalists like myself who enjoy this video game designed for children.

A parting request to The Pokémon Company, which is a subsidiary of Nintendo (which has resisted bringing its IP to actual games for iOS and Android, despite flagging fortunes): Bring the main franchise to the iPad and iPhone soon and you can have all my money and I will build a (small) temple to your everlasting greatness.

Via: http://techcrunch.com/2014/08/15/pokemon-card-game-ipad/