CD Key problem

EternalZombie

Question

Here's the problem: Everytime I enter in my cd key in the multiplayer options page it says that it is valid. Though

when I go to connect to the servers it says it is invalid wtf. Then I go back to the multiplayer options to check if I entered it

in correctly and the key just erased itself somehow. This is really starting to piss me off and I was just wondering if

you guys are able to help. Thank you.

11 answers to this question

I have reinstalled like 3 times already oh well guess I'm screwed. :(

BTW my key is valid (says it when you put it in during the installation) its just when I try to enter our server or any server for that matter it says its invalid.

When I go to the multiplayer options and click on key code the code that was in there is entirely erased.

Edited by EternalZombie

when you try connecting to the server, does it say " Key Code in use" or "Key code is invalid"

***Moving this topic to COD 4 Support***

Yeah any cod4 will be valid during installation, but its online that matters. When you try to play online cod4 will verify is the key is valid via internet. but during installation it wont.

So most likely your CDkey is not valid for online play.

Edited by gigabyte

when you try connecting to the server, does it say " Key Code in use" or "Key code is invalid"

***Moving this topic to COD 4 Support***

It says that the key code is invalid which is weird because about a couple weeks ago I could get on just fine.

Wonder why its bugging out on me now?

It says that the key code is invalid which is weird because about a couple weeks ago I could get on just fine.

Wonder why its bugging out on me now?

Just contact customer support and explain to them, if you have proof of purchase they should be able to fix the problem.