Warhammer Fantasy and 40k

dooker15

I didn't see a topic for this so thought I would make one, anyone else here play? for those that don't its a miniature, table top, dice, turn based, strategy game, you play a faction with its own types of units (about 2 inches to 12 inches tall) unique to their faction and with different abilities and better at certain skills. been playing properly for about a year and a half now, for those that play, I play Tyranids (common the endless swarm) and have a, 8 monstrous flying creature list haha, people hate me now, but no ones played it yet  they just hate it on principle, (except 1 guy with a list that's just damn near impossible to beat, I can't think of a way at all for nids to beat it).

so just thought id add a new topic, please don't let me be the only one in here.

• 1 month later...

Hey Dooker!

Don't get too excited... I'm not a fan of Warhammer or 40k, but at least I know what they are. :)

I too am into the tabletop games as well (just not GW). 

I started with Warmachine/Hordes (abt 2 years ago), but after about a year of many losses and the players in my area dropping off, I too looked for another game.

I'm currently enjoying Malifaux (though players in my local area are also dropping off on that too - frustrating).

I'm also learning the star wars game called X-wing - there seems to be a LOT of interest in this game with a bunch of people in the area now. I've only played about 10 games of x-wing now, and I'm liking it a lot. I mostly like that a typical game of 100pts can be played in an hour or less.

Have you tried any of these other games?

It's not that I'm against GW per say, but I've just heard so many negative things about the company, and the cost to start in a GW game is really high (compared to these other games). 

• Like 1

Thank you Cyen, lol

I haven't played warmachine or X-wing but I know of them and yea they seem kinda popular. about your comments on GW, yea, there expensive and a money driven company (kinda understandable they are a business), I got into warhammer cos its all there was where I grew up and at the moment don't know anyone else, or where else, to play as I play in a GW store in Glasgow and im kinda invested now, but there games are good and fun to play and the models do look awesome (most of the time).