Lookin for my first bike

t_lapo

Well, ive been around the car scene enough now with my cars at the track and at the shows.

First car I bought was a 300zx, and needless to say the insurance company didnt like me having TT's, and was gona rape me for insurance..so I sold it a short while after.

Second car I bought, was a 95 dodge stratus. This was no ordinary stratus. Came with the 2.0L SOHC, and a 5 speed. Other small things I noticed was there was no EGR valve, and a few other misc items that didnt come factory on the motor.

Loved the car and turned it into a full built show car. After blow the rear seal out, twice...I swapped the motor, caged the car and created a fully built touring car wich I race around Ontario and the Tri-state areas.

Next, bought a 96 Sonoma 5 speed, wich is a current project, as I have my choice of putting in an LS1 , or even better a fully built 427.

Either way, ive decided I want to try something new.

Next week I go write my M1 motorcycle test (In Ontario), and the issue I have is I only have 60 days to get my M2 road test done.

So Im lookin for a bike, thats good for a beginner.

Do NOT want an enduro, or a cruiser/harley.

Mainly lookin for older mid 80's sport bikes, lower then 600cc.

Any info on what bikes you started on would be great, as I need to buy one asap!!

-Troy

I guess you're into 4 strokes but if you're remotely into 2 strokes you should really consider an RS250 as a good starter bike.... Handles absolutely amazing, top speed of only around 140mph but idk what you're gonna be doing with it... obviously as a two stroke aswell it smells beautiful so that's always a plus side hah

If you're into sports bikes maybe check out Honda's CBR range, although I'm sure that starts at 600. Beautiful bikes though.

edit: f*** the new cbr600rr is gorgeous

edit2: and yeah I can definitely vouch for the Aprilia RS-series. My very first bike (16y/o, restricted) as an Aprilia RS50.. Got that derestricted and the power was amazing, obviously got an RS125. When I used to race I was on RS125s and RS250s and they are like I say amazing handlers, esp compared to it's direct suzuki rivals. Still got a race-rs125 in my garage haha

just like god said. for a beginner i would suggest honda rs 125 or 250 or aprilia rs125s. both are cool good lookin bikes and easy to handle. it will be harder to find anything in mid 80s but about year 90-93 shouldn't be so hard. a lot of ppl complain that aprilias break fast though or when they break you have to change lots of details cuz they break one after other. but you can take out that speed limiter and get those 34hps instead of 17 (or 14 don't remember). with honda its easier to find spare parts but you won't be able to get such power out of it. my friend has an 93 rs 125 with sports exhaust and air filter-goes pretty solid about 140-150 km/h (don't know in miles in euro) so you might have to tune it a bit to get a quite solid power out of it ;)