Minecraft Minecraft minigame nights, anybody interested?

Dddrgn

So, I've been talking about this for a while, and spoken plenty to Joe about getting one set up, but nothing has ever come of it, and it's all been talk for a few months, which bothers me. I would absolutely LOVE to have specific nights where we get together and play minecraft minigames like crazy, whether it's hosted on our server or by an individual member. Playing minecraft is fun and all, but there are so many amazing minigames out there, and it's pretty boring to play them with random players, and playing with voice chat on TS, or something along those lines, would be even better.

Here's what I'm getting at:

• We could host a night for people to play at the same night/time, whenever (we could definitely make things vary).
  • We could run minigames that are popular, such as the hunger games, but also I would love to see some FA made games, so we could play games nobody else does.
  • We could spend maybe an hour jung hanging out and getting to know each other better, goofing off.
  • Like I said, anybody could host it, or we could just swap maps on the official server.
  • We could hold votes for which games people actually want to play, and host a specific game at a specific night, or just go off a whim.

What I would like, is any support for getting this kind of thing running, if you guys are interested. I spend most of my time in minecraft building minigames, so it would help me out in getting them tested and such, but I'm sure there are time issues that could make it difficult.

If I haven't given enough information here, please tell me what I'm missing.

• Like 1

While I think this is a great idea, sadly I don't have much time to game in the evenings. Not exactly the response you wanted in this forum post, I'm sure, but I just wanted to say that I think it's a great idea.

One question I have... having played MC for quite a long time now, I've never really explored all the options to this game (mods, skins, mingames, etc...) I tend to just mine, build and explore. Are there any youtube videos or something where you can point me to, to learn more about what you mean by minigames? Do they require mods? 
I saw that someone built a horse racing track on the server, which looks awesome, is that the sort of thing you mean?

While I think this is a great idea, sadly I don't have much time to game in the evenings. Not exactly the response you wanted in this forum post, I'm sure, but I just wanted to say that I think it's a great idea.

One question I have... having played MC for quite a long time now, I've never really explored all the options to this game (mods, skins, mingames, etc...) I tend to just mine, build and explore. Are there any youtube videos or something where you can point me to, to learn more about what you mean by minigames? Do they require mods? 

I saw that someone built a horse racing track on the server, which looks awesome, is that the sort of thing you mean?

Go look up Sethbling on youtube, then you will see what I mean. He uses all vanilla redstone and command blocks, same as I do, they require no mods. The idea is to make the minigame function as well as possible WITHOUT mods. Sethbling, mumbojumbo (who just does redstone tutorials), skydoesminecraft, and guys like that are a great place to start. I know what you mean by not having enough time as well, that's why I was saying we could discuss time stuff.

• Like 1