Call of Duty Elite

EmtHipple

So yesterday I was browsing though the game selection and came across an app title COD elite, upon inspection it appears to be a game selection app that would allow clan style play as well as record keeping. Anyone have experience with this?, would it be something that we could all put our names into and play clan only matches?. I'll admit I know even less about X box than I do about PC  

I wouldn't invest very much time into it. It started as a season pass deal where you got COD Elite membership for $50 bucks a year and you would get all the DLC. Then they made it free, minus the DLC of course where you can create and manage clans in it as well as track stats across most of the COD titles. There are still some benefits for paying although i'm not entirely sure what they are anymore. The clan aspect is "okay" but to be honest it's nothing fancy. It's basically a console version of Steam Groups. Also on the console it ran super slow when you loaded or did anything - at least when I was using it, it may have been fixed by now. And when you use the website version it's less organized and just a pain to navigate through.

As far as matches for the clan it didn't exactly work out that way. They have events - zombies or death match or search - that members of your clan can play in to gain experience for the clan. The more experience you had you could get minor things for the clan, such as a colored clan tag. You don't have to play as a clan to gain experience, anyone from you clan can join in and gain exp for it. If you want to do clan only matches you'll hafta go through the hassle of forming your own parties and lobbies as usual.

Edited by Orcface