New map in the works

GlasShadow

I would like to take some ideas for a map ive been wanting to do for a while, it would be a POW camp with rescue the pow as the allied objective, basiclly a carry objective like the raydar/gold/doc type objectives with a truck and possibly a tank, also i plan to put a constructable destructible escape tunnel in it to.

any ideas or suggestions are very welcome, i dont know how long it will take as im starting a new semester at college and have to see what the work load for that is, but i would very much like to do this map, Im posting this mainly because i just got the hardest piece of the puzzle from another map, and that would be the model for the POW's, thanks to the dead body in the axis lab map, without going into much detail here most player models are in mdm format and i can only open the md3 format which is what most static models like trees use so this was a good find in that regard

this is a re-poseing of that figure this pow was shot by a firing squad/ took around 45 min to rig the model and pose it -not bad- plan to do a sitting down one for the POW's in the truck and maybe a standing one, this model was well done which was a nice surprise and is just over 700 triangles which is very good.

l_9c76389e2e2248ad81a176be78a2ef7d.jpg

l_4b32712d1f554d479e420e5b377cf86f.jpg

mainly i need ideas on the environment and type of structures wood or cement, walls cement wire fence etc ... summer/winter that type of stuff and help with the general layout would be most welcome like cp's/ammo number of pow's to rescue and location of the pow's all grouped together or spaced throughout the camp etc.

also one last -note- is although id love to animate the pow's, the reason player models are mdm is for animation and the md3 format saves each frame separate which can substantial increase the file size beyond a reasonable level. that being said i might add some animation when the pow is dropped (maybee walk in a big circle or something) but i'll leave that to the future and see what happens there as its very hard to do that sort of thing with the way pathing is done and triggering the pick him back up stuff.

Edited by GlasShadow

wheres your other finished map glas?

Budapest is the map's name and ive posted a few topics in the feedback and objectives sections, its hosted on the FA hardcore server right now, ive played 2 games with it which was really what ive been looking for for quite a while now