recipes

stoney baloney

hey all-- some people are able to help with making sigs, helping with cfgs, setting traps to keep out those pesky vietcong.... i'm good (or decent) at cooking....

i was thinking about posting a few recipes, or taking recipe requests if anyone has any. here is a great recipe for guacamole to get things going.

stoney's spicy guac

yeild: 5-7 servings (2-3, if you're stoned)

ingredients:

8 avocados

4 serrano chiles, seeded and diced

4 jalapeno chiles, seeded and diced

1-2 habanero chiles (add more for sweet spicy flavor), seeded and fine diced

2 Tbls minced garlic

1 bunch of cilantro, chopped

3-5 limes, juiced

salt to taste

prep all ingredients as mentioned. seed avocados and scoop flesh into a large bowl. discard pits and peel. (save the pit and grow your own avocado tree!) mash avocado until desired texture. add all remaining ingredients except for salt and lime. mix thoroughly. taste AS IS, and then add lime and salt according to your taste. i always undersalt my ingredients, because i find natural flavors are always the best to go with.

this is a delicious and healthy snack. and although some may complain about the work to produce it, i think it's absolutely worth it. additionally, the more you do it, the better you get at it.... we make batches at work of 64 or 128 avocados... imagine cutting all those chiles!!! oh, by the way, when you cut the chiles, i highly recommend using sanitary gloves OR coating your hands in olive oil before handling the chiles. the capasin (the spicy oil from the chiles) will absorb into your hands, and will create irritation with skin or eyes. if you cut chiles without gloves, you quickly learn your lesson =)

so this is guacamole... if someone has a request, or a question on method... please feel free to ask questions. i love talking about food... it's a wonderful thing to share that everyone needs.

Namaste.

stoney

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

OMG, where you learn to do this 'Guacamole', cuz I'm Mexican and I never see a guacamole like this, chile Serrano and chile jalapeño toguether with chile habanero?, lol, excuse me but where you get this?

Excuse if I revived an old topic.

OMG, where you learn to do this 'Guacamole', cuz I'm Mexican and I never see a guacamole like this, chile Serrano and chile jalapeño toguether with chile habanero?, lol, excuse me but where you get this?

Excuse if I revived an old topic.

this is a recipe from a mexican restaurant i used to work for... i don't know how 'authentic' it is, but it's the only quac i eat now. i find the garlic to be out of place, but i like the bite it gives.

the combination of chiles isn't rare in my book-- i see tons of recipes combine different chiles... each one has a unique trait, imo....

what do you put in your traditional quac? i've also noticed (like many cuisines) that different regions cook a style of food differently... i've seen posole made 100 different ways from cooks who come from different parts of Mexico.

• 1 month later...

Again, excuse for revive this, but im not pretty active in this days.

For Guacamole, there is 2 options, with chile or without chile, and if you use chiles, only chile serrano.

serrano.jpg