Powder Puff Derby

soulJAHmon

Well, just got back from my daughter's Powder Puff Derby. Her Girl Scout Troup put on at a local church today. It was alot of fun.

It brought back memories of the Pine Wood Derby I was in as a Boy Scout. My car (which I still have) had taken second place in a very large regional event, and I was excited to share this experience with her. We worked very hard on her car together and it was alot of fun to do a project like that with her. I got to help set up the track, she cooked in the kitchen, snacks for the participants and audience, and we all helped clean up afterward.

In the early test runs her car didn't do all that great. We had set the weight of her car with a crappy old mail scale at home, and when we put it on the nice digital one, we were over (5.4ozs), and we had to drill out some weight to get down to 5.0 ozs.. Then during test runs, some other kid broke her little kitty cat driver's head off, and we had to re-attached it with super glue. My expectations were fairly low at this point.

However, once everything was in place and the real races began, I was thrilled. Her car took first place in every single heat she was in, and in the end she took the First Place Trophy for speed !!!!!

I'm so proud and happy. Today was a Great Day. :yahoo

PS. I will post my cell pics of our cars in a few days.

Here's the link to my gallery pics of the event: http://fearless-assassins.com/gallery/album/601-powder-puff-derby/

Edited by soulJAHmon