Best Buy holiday sales slide despite online boost

Corey

Best Buy Holiday Sales 2012

Best Buy (BBY) on Friday reported sales results for the nine-week period ending on January 5th, 2013. The nation’s largest consumer electronics retailer said total revenue slid 1.4% year-over-year to $12.8 billion between October and January, but domestic comparable sales rose slightly and online sales grew by 10%. ”One of the first priorities of our Renew Blue strategy is to stabilize and then begin improving our comparable store sales,” Best Buy President and CEO Hubert Joly said. “During the most important period in the retail calendar – the holiday sales season – we were able to improve our Domestic comparable store sales trends compared to the performance of the last several quarters and continue our strong traffic growth in our online business. Our holiday selling strategy, backed by a compelling assortment, increased employee training and price match policy, allowed us to deliver these results.” Best Buy shares closed up 16.38%‎ at $14.21 on the news.

b.gif?host=bgr.com&blog=36424464&post=284bSroMbwG1c

View the full article

Best buy can kiss my ass. They need to drastically get their shit together.

Here's my 'holiday experience' with them:

Go to best buy at 10am

Wait 30 mins to find a free employee.

Told they can't help us, and that we have to stand in a line to get help with an item I wanted.

Sit in line for 1 hour and 20 minutes.

Get to front of the line... deal with geek squad.

Tell the guy what I want, wait 15 minutes for him to stop being a dumb ass and actually find my product. (I could have showed him in 1 minute flat).

Finally get my product. (Lenovo tablet)

Wait 10 minutes for a best buy employee to show up to finally process my sale.

So almost 2 hours later, I'm FINALLY out of the store.

Go home, open my tablet, discover that the jack for the charger is bent and the charger piece just falls out.

Call Best buy for 4 hours... no answer. Alternate between best buy and geeksquad. No queue, no answering machine... just repeat options.

Go to best buy the next day to return/exchange tablet. Discover NO RETURNS UNTIL THE 28th!! (Was never told this. not on receipt either).

Call best buy later that day again... 3+ hours between BB and Geeksquad... no answer. Like wtf?

Finally on the 28th, go to BB to make my return. Wait 2 hours in line.

Finally get out and haven't been back since.

Like wtf. -.- I get it, it's the holidays. They get busy. I dealt with this in various consumer service jobs. However, having incompetant staff, having another company server your customers, and not even having a god damn answering machine is unacceptable. Same goes with the 'no exchanges' policy they randomly put out. No one said a damn thing about it when I made my purchase, nor was it on the reciept.

Best buy is a garbage company and I'll probably not shop there again.

Edited by ♥ SiN ♥