Do we really need HD 4K ?

Ol Smoke

I don't know how many of you have been following this but here is the scoop.

It is HD TV in 3600P instead of 1080P. It is 4x the bandwidth and there is nothing in this country that can use it. So why are these companies touting this technology?

I still have a Samsung 1080i 52" flat screen. When I watch HD it is nice and I have no complaints. The only thing I don't really like is the 3D graphic animation on Blu-Ray.

It is too good. You can actually see some of the defects in graphics. So I watch those on DVD. To me it is a smoother picture.

The TV studios had such a hard time getting the news sets properly colored and textured for HD that I don't see them going with this 4k. The actor makeup is really hard

to get correct for HD much less something 4x as sharp. We would be able to count the mole hairs on those people and that is not something I want to see.

What do you think?