Need help for new =F|A=Sound pack

JuLeZ'

Hi guys,

I'm currently working on a new cool sound pack for your servers. It will have integrated the presently

used vSay sounds of ~~~~~~~~fa_nq_sn2.pk3 (run e.g. on NQ1 + 2) and in addition to that a whole

bunch of new menus.

It contains about 130 new sounds which have the size of 9,3MB (unpacked). I collected some sounds

from several servers, but a big part are self-made brand-new sounds (recorded with Total Recorder),

such as film quotes, new songs and memes. Also, I arranged nearly all new sound files by adding

a pleasant fading (so they don't interrupt suddenly at the end) and scaling the volume.

The biggest part is already done, I only have to create some sub-categories and adjust window-size

and colours. But that won't be a problem, I think.

After I integrated the old vSay sound from NQ1, I tested if they worked (putting the file in the etmain

menu, then Host Game). All of them worked, except for these:

Songs-3 \ 8. Don't stop

Songs-3 \ 9. Come on now

Songs-3 \ 0. Cha Cha

Songs-4 \ 9. What a pussy

Mix-2 \ 1. Gooooooooo

Belive me, I tried everything to figure out the problem. I compared all configs, tested the sound files, etc.,

but I couldn't detect the problem. I checked if these sounds worked if i put the original NQ sound pack in

the etmain folder - everything worked perfectly!

Another strange thing was that /vsay [sound name] didn't work for several sounds within my new sound pack.

I mean, these new created sounds are played, but e.g. the sounds mentioned above can't be played like that

& as an example there is a file called puerto.wav in the "baska" folder which can't be played when I test my new

sound pack.

Even if i write /vsay puerto in the console, nothing happens. BUT, when I do this while testing the original sound

pack from NQ, this sound WORKS! Now, that's really strange, because I couldn't find big differences in the scripts :-(

Thanks a lot for your help, I hope this problems can be fixed soon

Regards

I uploaded the sound pack on mydrive.ch since the file size was too big to upload it here:

http://www.mydrive.ch

You have to sign in as a guest to download it:

Name: fearless@julez131

Pass: soundpack

Edit: guest account disabled

Btw: Do you know how to disable spam protection in the Host Game in order to test sounds?

Edited by *JuLeZ*

• 1 month later...

i made a couple of soundspacks years ago .... there was a great ( imo ) sound for " i'm a medic" - i was using " please state nature of teh medical emergency" from star trek voyager :)

http://returntocastl...DCMSounds;73527

http://returntocastl...DCMSounds;74803

Edited by TALON1973