Minecraft Anyone help?

=FlA=Duk

I assume you like it convenient and did not simply google "minecraft out of memory" (which gives 1,5 million results) before starting this topic. Because all we would do is doing that search for you and list you the possible solutions.

I'm not a fan of "lmgtfy"-posts, but you would save yourself a lot of time if you simply search yourself. I see several results marked as solved or fixed and even YouTube videos showing how to fix it.

Thus, http://www.google.com/.

How much ram do you have?

if enough then typ in this in cmd, if windows (7):

javaw -Xmx2048m -Xms1024m -jar "%appdata%\.minecraft\minecraft.exe"

This pretty much will allocate 2gig ram to minecraft. Dunno how much ram you have but 2gig should do the trick :P

Little bat file to test if this solves the problem.

Thought you could add those settings as a environment variable, but no idea how to do that.

Edited by DrJoske

How much ram do you have?

if enough then typ in this in cmd, if windows (7):

javaw -Xmx2048m -Xms1024m -jar "%appdata%\.minecraft\minecraft.exe"

This pretty much will allocate 2gig ram to minecraft. Dunno how much ram you have but 2gig should do the trick :P

Little bat file to test if this solves the problem.

Thought you could add those settings as a environment variable, but no idea how to do that.

Yeah, I did that, but when I try to open the file, it opens, and .5 seconds later, it closes :/

Yeah, I did that, but when I try to open the file, it opens, and .5 seconds later, it closes :/

yes, that's the point of a bat file:p

It should open minecraft though, else minecraft is located somewhere else?

what's the path to your minecraft.exe?

yes, that's the point of a bat file:p

It should open minecraft though, else minecraft is located somewhere else?

what's the path to your minecraft.exe?

Hmmm uhhh my minecraft is on my desktop, so I tried to change it this ? http://puu.sh/wSHP

A .exe file is not a .jar file.

https://s3.amazonaws...r/minecraft.jar

Doesn't matter, you can perfectly run the exe file with that command :P

Tested it before putting it here, and used if couple of time before...

You can run the jar directly, but then you get a couple of problems when trying to join a server (which isn't set to offline mode, or whatever that mode that allows cracked versions calls)

Edited by DrJoske

The .exe file is a wrapper created with Launch4J, which contains the jar file and the parameters to start it. It does nothing else than starting it with the default parameters. Calling it again seems quite redundant, so, Duk, did you already try the .jar file?

You could as well use java.exe (replacing jre6 with jre7 if you use JRE 7) instead of javaw.exe and look for any error messages in the console window. Might want to install the 64-bit JRE version that way.

C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java" -Xms2048M -Xmx2048M -jar "C:\Users\Duk\Desktop\minecraft.jar"

The .exe file is a wrapper created with Launch4J, which contains the jar file and the parameters to start it. It does nothing else than starting it with the default parameters. Calling it again seems quite redundant, so, Duk, did you already try the .jar file?

You could as well use java.exe (replacing jre6 with jre7 if you use JRE 7) instead of javaw.exe and look for any error messages in the console window. Might want to install the 64-bit JRE version that way.

C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java" -Xms2048M -Xmx2048M -jar "C:\Users\Duk\Desktop\minecraft.jar"

Well, then I learned something new today :P (although I used my command couple of times on brothers his weaker laptop with succes, maybe luck ^^)

I only manage to launch the jar this way:

java -Xms2048m -Xmx2048m -cp "%APPDATA%\.minecraft\bin\*"; -Djava.library.path="%APPDATA%\.minecraft\bin\natives" net.minecraft.client.Minecraft

but then you aren't logged in so you can't play online (bad login is the error you get then)

So just wondering, maybe you got an idea

Well first of all, the executed class should be net.minecraft.LauncherFrame, not net.minecraft.client.Minecraft. Secondly, the minecraft.jar in your AppData folder is not the one you are supposed to start, which is this one.

And you are supposed to start the jar, not let it look in the classpath. Thus, java -jar minecraft.jar works perfectly fine. Offline and online.

• Like 1

Well first of all, the executed class should be net.minecraft.LauncherFrame, not net.minecraft.client.Minecraft. Secondly, the minecraft.jar in your AppData folder is not the one you are supposed to start, which is this one.

And you are supposed to start the jar, not let it look in the classpath. Thus, java -jar minecraft.jar works perfectly fine. Offline and online.

Ow I see, I used the .exe download one, this one is the 'linux/other' I guess

Kind of stupid of me...

Ty for the info :P