This game on wifi

Reaver

Question

Ok curious if anyone plays this game via wifi without problems. Or if they have a solution.

Wired is not an option unfortuantely, unless i can find a way to run cable through a couple of floors of power outlets provided they line up. Cannot drill anything as it is not our place and father will not let me run a cable through the townhome.

I have tried ethernet over powerline adapters and it doesnt work. I have tried basic wireless G and it doesnt work.

The reason i found is that the packets are too large for these devices to handle is the packet flow gets corrupted and i get kicked every 10 seconds.

I am thinking of using a Nice wireless N with dual band so i can run a 5ghz(more powerful and less interference) connection. With an access point/bridge with 5ghz connection. The bridge uses the lan port, which should be better because it wont search for wireless connections causing lag.

But if anyone else has some suggestions or knows of wifi setups that support large packets, this game apparentely uses some of the largest packets ever in a game.

6 answers to this question

reaver...... I run really cheap wireless hardware (netgear "G" router and a zyxel "G" card) and I have no problems with my connection. I have my router in my living room and my desktop is upstairs in my bedroom. The only problem you "should" be having is with signal strength. I have an 80% connection most of the time, and usually wont see a problem with packet flow untill I hit about a 10% strength. Have you tried changing the wireless channel on the router and your card? If you have a 2ghz cordless phone like I do you may have problems with interfeirance on the channel you are using. I didnt find out that was my problem untill I was playing a game one day and I answered my phone and started to drop packets.

yeah absolutely none, i have no lag when im playing just tons of connection interuptions and corrupt packet flows, no cordless phones in the house and full bars. Im still leaning towards it being a thing with vista at this point, because vista searches constantly for wireless signals meaning it refreshes the list all the time(suppose to be able to disable it but ive tried and it doesnt work)....or maybe the router is just shit.

I did notice that I had less issues when I was running XP. I get more packet loss/corruption when I am running Vista or Win 7. I dont think it will help very much to drop cash on a "N" router and card right now. I will look around and see if I can find a solution that will help when I am on vista or 7 and I will let you know what I find.