DICE adds new map to PC Battlefield 3 beta

(Snake)

DICE, Swedish developer of the upcoming Battlefield 3, has confirmed that PC players of the eagerly-awaited shooter's multiplayer beta will be able to play on a second map, Caspian Border, this weekend.

In a post on the Battlelog forum, reported by Eurogamer, community manager Ian Tornay writes: "After analysing the data from our first round of closed Caspian Border tests, we have great news for participants in the Battlefield 3 PC open beta: the DICE team has decided to bring back Caspian Border for the beta's final weekend and conduct an open large scale test of the 64-player Caspian Border map.

"Please keep in mind that as this is beta we will be stress testing our servers. As such, users may experience crashes, network instability and outages as we roll out and configure servers and network utilities."

The beta ends this weekend, with the full game released for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on October 25.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDDfPxF3EFE&feature=player_embedded

Source: Eurogamer

• Like 1

finally the real bf in all his glory ^^

but yeah: the servers are lagging and if it crashes it's allways just before the end of the map: gone points ^^

Well Lag and server issues are imposible to avoid in a beta testing With 64 players lagging and flaming around... But The thing is i kinda get frustrated with Operation Metro Map... untill i could finnnaly play on caspian border it Totaly Fits your Demands about What Battlefield Must be... i cant never wonder a Battlefield Game withot Vehicles or at least (Jeeps)... vehicles in BF3 are totally amazing it actually feels like BF2 but just a little better ^^...

Well Lag and server issues are imposible to avoid in a beta testing With 64 players lagging and flaming around... But The thing is i kinda get frustrated with Operation Metro Map... untill i could finnnaly play on caspian border it Totaly Fits your Demands about What Battlefield Must be... i cant never wonder a Battlefield Game withot Vehicles or at least (Jeeps)... vehicles in BF3 are totally amazing it actually feels like BF2 but just a little better ^^...

My skills improved by a factor 10 on the real bf map: caspian border

from 0.33 k/d (not really important in bf but meh) to 3